PDA

View Full Version : Divx Problems

crb806
04-18-2006, 03:28 PM
I am running XP SP2 on my Sony Vaio laptop and when i tried to play divx movies with divx i would get a blue screen, so i downloaded an older version of divx and that would let me play div3 and div4 but the divx would play, but all fuzzy and scrambled and i would eventually get an error. has anyone heard of this or got any ideas? i have tried using some older version of divx and reinstalling etc, but the best i can do is get div3 and div4 to play but not divx...
NOW i downloaded new version of Divx, Divx plays fine but Div3 and div4 get blue screen and a reboot... this is sooo annoying

whiteboypain
08-29-2006, 06:13 PM
I do know that "The Blue Screen" is very bad. You may have to reformat your laptop. I used to have the Blue screen of death, as some on the net call it. I had my friend reformat my computer. If it wasn't for him, i would of been screwed. that's all i can tell you. good luck, my friend.

locustfurnace
08-29-2006, 06:19 PM
You may want to check to make sure all those "DivX" movies are really "DivX" and not "XviD" or H264 or some other MPEG4 format.

If your problems are just with the decoder, player, then try switching to another player to see if this solves your issue.

A good player is VLC (http://www.videolan.org/vlc/)