PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo question

splee
06-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi, I have a couple of questions I am hoping one of you can help me with. The first one is, I downloaded yahoo 3.0 and 3.5 from oldversion but I can't get either one of them to open. The error says something to the effect that it is not suitable to run ms dos or windows. I get this error when I try to open the yahoo30.exe or yahoo35.exe files. Does anyone know how to get one or other to open so I can use it? I have Windows XP. Also, does anyone who is Yahoo knowledgable know whether or not either of these programs, Yahoo 3.0 or 3.5, will have the option to join user in chat. The new Yahoo programs do not allow you to join a user in chat but the older ones do. So are either of these programs going to allow me to do that once I have them opened, and if not where can I get a program that would allow me to do that. Many thanks, Splee

Windows 98SE
07-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Windows 98 here newer yahoo you can join user chat, All kinds of rooms with voice opition hmmm Try yahoo 6

spunker88
07-20-2006, 08:42 AM
I use www.meebo.com to do all my im without needing a program.

Chattroom support too on yahoo, aim, msn, etc. :D

Apoorv
09-21-2006, 01:42 AM
i don't think i liked www.meebo.com very much.......
when i opened my yahoo account on it all the contacts appeared to be garbled.......

here have a look at it 4 urself..........
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/apoorvkhatreja/meebo.jpg

allen81973
09-15-2007, 12:47 AM
I agree Im a old yahoo chater and 5.6 and up I think you can get voice to work and all you have to do is take the update out and enjoy :)