PDA

View Full Version : aim and dead aim

sexymexybm
07-19-2006, 02:25 PM
i installed the newest old version of AIM and the newest old version of dead aim. obviously they dont work together.
i've already looked so please dont reply with a link to search the forums, all i want is a straight answer.
which is the last instance of AIM that can be used with Dead aim version 3.2.8? i had AIM 5.2.something i THINK i dont remember now, and rather than checking each one, restarting a million times, repairing and unistalling and reinstalling dead aim to see if it will work, can someone just tell me. or will i be forced to download the oldest version of aim and upgrade one by one just to find out?

Goslow
07-19-2006, 03:35 PM
05-20-2004, 05:17 PM #47
guest_Brian
if you are using aim 5.5 past versions of dead aim will not work. the most recent version of dead aim (no longer freeware) is the only version that will work with aim 5.5 what i did was download aim 4.8 and dead aim will work with that version. and aim 4.8 doesnt bother or nag you to upgrade either.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
guest_Janus
I'm using AIM 5.2.3292 with Dead AIM 3.2.1. Oldversion doesn't seem to have 3.2.1. anymore but either 3.2.7 or 3.2.8 should work just fine.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
guest_Brian
aim 4.8 is the highest that will work with any free versions of dead aim
hi_im_tanya
No, version 5.2.3292 also works with dead aim. I love it.
Bjarnyie
Hey guys, if you have the "newest" version of DeadAim which is 3.2.8, then you want to get the version of AOL Instant Messenger which is 5.2.3277, or 5.2. That version works perfectly... Tabbed IM windows, Clone AIM options, all of that stuff.
lasalle_crew
DeadAIM compatability?
I had to reload my computer, and now I forget which older version of AIM was compatable with DeadAIM 3.2.8. Does anyone know? Thanks
hman333
it is tested up to AIM 5.5, so there will probably be problems with 5.9

http://www.jdennis.net/DeadAIM/changelog.php

as well as searching forum please post in existing threads it makes it easier for everyone

here are a samples of questions and answers already existing in the forum so it would narrow down your search for a "straight answer" that works for you dont forget to post your results.

looking at the last answer, I would take it with a grain of salt but the thread was almost identical to yours.

Tokar
07-20-2006, 09:06 AM
Version 4.0 and 4.5 exist...and are designed for later versions of AIM...there are ways to make them work without paying.

3.2.8 was the last free version.