PDA

View Full Version : How Much Web Space...

zyxmd
02-01-2003, 08:37 PM
How much web space is reqiured to run a forum such as this one? Thanks.

OldVersion.com Admin
02-01-2003, 09:09 PM
A forum or a site?

This site uses around 300GB of bandwidth per month and 5GB of space.

The forum uses around 5-10GB of that bandwidth and around 1MB not including the mySQL database. If you need assistance for hosting, OldVersion.com is a solution. Not only do we provide you with quality hosting, you would be helping the site.

zyxmd
02-01-2003, 09:49 PM
Thanks. Please post or e-mail me about Oldversion hosting, ie: pricing ect.
Glad to see the main page back up. Good job! I don't no anything about hacking, but I'm sure it's a lot of work. Why would anyone want to hack your site? I'ts not like your a Federal Reserve or the RIAA! :lol:

OldVersion.com Admin
02-01-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by zyxmd@Feb 1 2003, 10:49 PM
Thanks. Please post or e-mail me about Oldversion hosting, ie: pricing ect.
Glad to see the main page back up. Good job! I don't no anything about hacking, but I'm sure it's a lot of work. Why would anyone want to hack your site? I'ts not like your a Federal Reserve or the RIAA! :lol:
It was because of it's lack of security. But, I recovered and reestablished all clients pages and data, and patched the server up with firewalls and other security patches. The server wasn't hacked because of the content, but because it could be used for other things. If you have AIM, PM it to me or post, or ICQ, Y!, MSN or anything. I don't like email :P