PDA

View Full Version : Problem Uninstalling Internet Explorer 7

mikerules868
08-31-2006, 03:15 PM
So i have internet explorer 7 beta 3 on my pc. i am trying to remove it but when i try to, during the uninstalltion it keeps saying file ''browseui.dll.000'' not found. i searchd my pc the internet but i still cannot remove it! its starting to get a bit fustrating, so if anyone can help me out...please help me out.

donts_pamme
09-09-2006, 05:38 PM
If you go to www.litepc.com they have a product called "XPlite/2000lite" which might help you out. Instead of paying for it, you can just use the Free Trial version.

What does XPlite/2000lite do? It takes standard Windows un-uninstallable features and transforms them into optional components so you can install & uninstall ANYTHING easily. Hopefully this should help you with your failed IE 7 uninstall by repairing the uninstall routine.

Even if the IE 7 uninstall fails again, "XPlite/2000lite" doesn't make substantial changes to your system. All it does is to give you access to previously unaccessible install/uninstall program routines.

By the way, I don't sell this stuff and I'm not connected with it in anyway, except I've been using "98Lite" (98Lite is for Windows98, 98SE, & ME) for about 5 years now with no complaints at all.

They have NO spyware, malware, or anything in their products; including their free stuff!

LitePC has a free product called "IEradicator 2001" with removes ALL traces of Internet Explorer, but it's only for Windows 95, 98, 98SE, & ME because these Operating Systems don't depend on IE browser engine like XP does.