PDA

View Full Version : How can i take an application from my hard drive and copy it to another PC??

seaweednew
09-19-2006, 02:36 AM
:mad:

About 6 years ago i found "jet toolbar" on jet audios download site,instaled it and love it!
2 years later a crash wiped it out,and that version was no longer on jets site the new version being very limited i found the old one on the PC world downloads.

I dont have the setup file anymore.Is there anyway i can use the existing application i have on my local disc to run it on a new PC????

I reinstalled it and saved the set up files on an external HHD a bit later i was useing a compaq without the battery in as it was more comfrotable that way,copying images to the HDD when the power "flikered"on and off but it was enough to loose all my data stored on the drive!!!!!I was really shocked

Goslow
09-20-2006, 03:35 PM
And this concerns the O.V.com website in what way?

Remember please try to post in existing threads I think "similar" has probably been covered by the forum before have you searched before posting?

seaweednew
09-20-2006, 04:13 PM
And this concerns the O.V.com website in what way?

Remember please try to post in existing threads I think "similar" has probably been covered by the forum before have you searched before posting?

Yes and i found nothing,
Your link dosent work either!!

Goslow
09-21-2006, 05:31 AM
Your link dosent work either!!Excellent, that is probably a more proper use of this forum.

The "link" is merely an old twisted signature even when new it didn't resolve in some browsers but your right its broke.

Goslow
11-04-2006, 05:16 PM
okay back on topic
It is not usally a simple thing to do,however it could be just a matter of coping the proram folders across
there are various applications available to migrate installed programs from one pc to another, all are fraught with problems/costs due to the varied tasks they maybe called upon to complete.

a ,perhaps, much simpler task maybe just to request the old installer in the correct forum/form.