PDA

View Full Version : Msn Messenger

Skyless Blue
02-09-2003, 10:40 PM
Why does messenger keep kicking me offline? I had messenger 5.0 and i'd log on and then talk to people for a bit or whatever, sometimes not talk to anyone, and then all of a sudden it boots me off, and i have to sign in again. It does this over and over again. I thought that maybe it was a problem with this version but then i deleted it and intalled messenger 4.5 and it still does the same thing. I don't know what the problem is.. whether it's a problem with the messenger or with my computer... or what.. But if anyone has heard of this happening before and/or knows how to fix this somehow, I would GREATLY appriciate their advice!!! MSN is the only messenger I use really, and the only one I talk to anyone on.. and this is just reaaalllllyyy frustrating me. PLEASE HELP! Thank-You!!

-Skyless Blue [/SIZE]

02-11-2003, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by Skyless Blue@Feb 9 2003, 11:40 PM
Why does messenger keep kicking me offline? I had messenger 5.0 and i'd log on and then talk to people for a bit or whatever, sometimes not talk to anyone, and then all of a sudden it boots me off, and i have to sign in again. It does this over and over again. I thought that maybe it was a problem with this version but then i deleted it and intalled messenger 4.5 and it still does the same thing. I don't know what the problem is.. whether it's a problem with the messenger or with my computer... or what.. But if anyone has heard of this happening before and/or knows how to fix this somehow, I would GREATLY appriciate their advice!!! MSN is the only messenger I use really, and the only one I talk to anyone on.. and this is just reaaalllllyyy frustrating me. PLEASE HELP! Thank-You!!

-Skyless Blue [/SIZE]
I have the same problem... I and can see that Microsoft had major problems with this is february 2002!

I just HATE Microsoft updates - nothing new, except for the new bugs. Messenger 5.0 is 3 times slower when loggon on to the service than messenger 4.x was and now this problem! :angry:

SSS
02-11-2003, 06:11 PM
Normally when your not using MSN Messenger, it boots you off at a certain time. Then after a little while, MSN Messenger should log you back in (like it does with me.)

jonny_2k5_is_mint
11-24-2005, 11:51 AM
I have a crisis and I need to know how to transfer symbols from Microsoft Word over to my MSN Display name. I would appreciate it very much if someone could reply back to me, also my computer isn't very fast and I want to download an earlier version of MSN but when I try to sign in it doesn't let me, and it says I have to download the latest version, could someone please tell me how to??

the gaffer
11-27-2005, 04:38 PM
read through a few old threads for messenger as this has been covered before and a couple of work arounds have been added to allow the use of older msn versions.
one such thread http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2767