PDA

View Full Version : Very disturbing

The Dude
11-08-2006, 06:27 AM
You all know how i like to scan the bases for ALL THREADS (Regardless of thier dates) and on another site i was doing just that last night and i came across a thread with a VERY DISTURBING link to an email from a former MICROSOFT employee... (The link was down but i used the archive site and pulled it up..)

http://tinyurl.com/uf3ww

Anyway after reading this i double checked my registry to make sure "enableremoteconnect" was set to N (Thankfully it is)

If you do not have an entry for this,i would advise adding it straight away!! (As if there isnt one,the assumed value is 'Y')

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\OLE (This is the location of where you should have this entry (I have 2 there and 1 of them is that.))

Who do they think they are invading everyone's computers?? -- Basically they know every piece of S/W on your computer!! (Unless this value is set to N)

I advise all of you to check and make sure yours is also set to N...

the gaffer
11-08-2006, 11:13 AM
would of liked to read that dude but the link isnt working.

The Dude
11-09-2006, 03:35 AM
Hmm its working fine now......

the gaffer
11-10-2006, 04:38 AM
working for me now dude,it may be a good idea for others if you explain exactly what needs adding and how to add it.

The Dude
11-11-2006, 09:52 PM
Well if you have that OLE section and dont have a "Enableremoteconnect" with a value of N .. You might wanna add it..

Almost everyone has "rpcss.exe" and you cannot ditch this file!!! (Best you can do is disable it)

AquaHarmony
12-06-2006, 08:42 PM
:eek: Please advise on how one can find this to disable it. I have searched my folder and file database, and it comes up with nothing. I am on Compaq Pres 3500+ Windows XP Media Center edition SP 2