PDA

View Full Version : Price, How Does This Work

Liz
12-24-2003, 09:15 AM
Hello everyone,
I would like to have an older version of ICQ cause that new version really sucks. I can't log in anymore, more and more errors and awww I dont know.
Well, how much does it cost when I download an older version or is it for free?

please reply!

Thanks in advance!

Liz

CALM
12-24-2003, 10:02 AM
Good news! :) ALL of the downloads offered here are FREE or Shareware.
No credit card required ;)
All of the info here is also FREE ! :)
THANKS to the Nice People who run this site and Moderate the forums!
:):)

locustfurnace
12-24-2003, 12:50 PM
Yes, as CALM has stated, downloading from OldVersion.com is free.
Your same question was recently asked on the board and answered in this posting as well.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=5&t=1666 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=1666)

Ndmand
11-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Hello All,

I am the newbie trying to figure out how this works. Does Oldversions.com charge a fee for the software or is the software free? Are the softwares full and permanent versions or are they versions that will time out?

I see that a person can contribute software. Is that what users download?

Thanks,
Ndmand

locustfurnace
11-30-2006, 08:02 PM
threads merged.

Most software is of a shareware nature. This means you would need a license for some of the titles after a given amount of time spent using the software.
The concept is that the site hosts older versions of software that's difficult to locate. This way, people with existing licenses can still use software they purchased when they loose their downloaded installer files either by upgrading, crashes or system change overs.

This does not mean those people new to this site can't take advantage of these older titles. But as expressed in a recent thread, it may become impossible to activate those older titles from the developers.

Yes, users can contribute software to the site by either uploading the files or posting links in the forum.