PDA

View Full Version : yahoo messenger 6.0.0.1922

tkaliforniaa
01-13-2007, 02:01 PM
so im back.. this time still using 1922 and am having problems accessing my message archive.. before the window opens up there is a popup saying something about activex and then theres a script popup...

Windows 98SE
01-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Does this popup have yes/no to it. If it does click on tools above this window in internet explorer go to internet opitions,then to advanced, check box disable script debugging and uncheck box display notification of every script error, apply-ok

Try that

tkaliforniaa
01-13-2007, 11:09 PM
automatic prompting for activex controls - disable
binary and script behaviors - enable
download signed activex controls - prompt
download unsigned activex controls - disable
initialize and script activex controls not marked as safe - disable
run activex controls and plugins - enable
script activex controls marked safe for scripting - enable

those are my settings because i first have a popup regarding activex then after clicking either yes or no for that i have the scripting popup

Windows 2000 SP4
01-14-2007, 12:16 AM
That popup comes back click yes may come up few times copy and paste the detail info of the error to here.

tkaliforniaa
01-14-2007, 06:44 PM
any time i try sending or recieving an email i first get a popup saying 'an activex control on this page might be unsafe to interact with other parts of the page. do you want to allow this interaction?' then a button for yes and a button for no

then whichever i choose i still get the same popup saying
'internet explorer script error
an error has occured in the script on this page.

line: 642
char: 2
error: '$imbody' is undefines
code: 0
url: file://c:\docume~1\zachar~1\locals~1\temp\tmp257d.tmp

do you want to continue running scripts on this page?'

then a button for yes and one for no

Windows 2000 SP4
01-14-2007, 08:46 PM
And whats the version of IE you got?

tkaliforniaa
01-14-2007, 10:22 PM
internet explorer 6 [not gonna switch up]

Windows 98SE
01-14-2007, 11:42 PM
I don't know then clueless on what your problem is. Only good offer I can do is remote access to your computer, I can have a look from there.

Not much detail got in hand other then c:\docume~1\zachar~1\locals~1\temp\tmp257d.tmp is not a window 98 temp C:\WINDOWS\TEMP or D:\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\125PR

Looks like xp or windows 2000 to me still don't know the problem.

Could be spyware, virus, Trojan bug, could be firewall which ever you got

tkaliforniaa
01-16-2007, 08:30 PM
come on here.. you guys are like so entirely smarter than me when it comes to computers and programs.. you guys must know of something that i could do to fix this so i can at least get my archives and then reinstall

Windows 2000 Professional
01-16-2007, 09:11 PM
Could be archives itself thats making this problem, Who saves chat messages these days, I use to when I first started net and that was with icq99.

Chat some bull$hit little life goes on why keep history of it lololol.

Sorry dude if you have done everything that was said and still got this problem then something is wrong.

Right now I come to term saying it's just yahoo 6.0 your in love with that windows xp does not like. And the other best stable yahoo there is 7.5.

If you do try 7.5 just try messager but not install the toolbar, Go to yahoo site and download toolbar.

If I was you I would go for it 6.0 is dead issue, It's pretty hard for one to imagine the problem from here and your there you know what I mean.

Every troubleshoot info was given to you

tkaliforniaa
01-17-2007, 02:38 AM
no one really suggested anything except to go to internet options really but no one went further with what to change the settings from
ive never had the problem with archiving before.. i have the same version of messenger on my laptop and dont have a problem.. i think it was some site i came across.. but i want to save my archives
the reasoning for saving my archives is because i talk politics and work etc with people that i might want or need to go back to.. i can just do a random word search with windows in one folder and find whatever it was i was looking for..
if anything please help me save my archives

tkaliforniaa
01-21-2007, 12:44 PM
come on.. its only the second page.. its not like i easily drop things when they matter.. sides my laptop is overheating and i need to switch back to this computer and no one is helping

locustfurnace
01-21-2007, 04:09 PM
an error has occured in the script on this page.

line: 642
char: 2
error: '$imbody' is undefines
code: 0
url: file://c:\docume~1\zachar~1\locals~1\temp\tmp257d.tmp

I do not run Yahoo Messenger, or IE for that matter. But two things I can think of is.

1., Empty your temp folder. IE uses caches of locally stored pages at times. It is possible that the page which caused the error is being retrieved each time, no matter what settings where changed.

2. You did not create the script did you? If you did not, then whatever page your accessing that produces this result is responsible. Not much you can do if someone does not debug their scripts before using in production.

Another option might be to disable scripting all together to see if the error goes away and your able to access whatever it is your seeking.

Note too, this is the reason why programs are updated. When errors are produced in code thats released, a new release is shipped out to resolve these issues. It may be that the only way to solve your issue is via upgrading, if disabling does not work.

tkaliforniaa
01-21-2007, 05:43 PM
i wasnt running ie when i had this problem.. i was using firefox and had a problem then went to check my message archive for some reason then had these problems
yea if i knew how to create my own scripts [intentionally] id probably know how to fix this :)) [im halfway computer illiterate :)) ]
and just cuz something is new doesnt mean its always better.. the newest version of y! messenger has features that are beyond insane.. like people realllllyyyyy need a search line to find a buddy on their list of 5 friends.. that is total BS.. or like i need the $0.00 thing for the phone thing that is on a few of the less recent versions.. uh uh

Windows 98SE
01-21-2007, 07:38 PM
I gave you the hand book what should have been done how come you still got problems. Do you have shockwave installed.

Told you before let me get my hands on this and view the problem from here remote access.

I use VNC Viewer so you be seeing everything I do from the mouse. Use easy clearner clean out the junk temp files you got stored.

There was a guy posted link to my tools page I found handy awesome program from his site and like alot TuneUp Utilities 2007 fix alot of $hit

the gaffer
01-22-2007, 02:39 AM
good advice for cleaning up your hard drive http://www.internet4classrooms.com/clean.htm

tkaliforniaa
01-23-2007, 07:17 PM
there was no handbook.. what handbook.. and how exactly should i clean the harddrive [not talkin dusting here im not a complete idiot]

Windows 2000 Professional
01-24-2007, 02:52 AM
Can you do............. Just do it

click on tools above this window in internet explorer go to internet opitions,then to advanced, check box disable script debugging and uncheck box display notification of every script error, apply-ok

You know what I'm back, I have to ask you again do you have all the windows updates installed. This bothers me. And are you on windows xp or windows 98

the gaffer
01-24-2007, 03:25 AM
Can you do............. Just do it

click on tools above this window in internet explorer go to internet opitions,then to advanced, check box disable script debugging and uncheck box display notification of every script error, apply-ok

You know what I'm back, I have to ask you again do you have all the windows updates installed. This bothers me. And are you on windows xp or windows 98

this is getting ridiculous,you are signing in under 3 different user names and posting in
the same threads and possibly confusing people with different forms of advice,you have already helped by posting comments as windows 98se and then carry it on as your current alias,please stick to one user name,im sure others members will agree it makes no sense.

Colleen_RRF
01-26-2007, 12:35 AM
:confused: this may be a stupid suggestion or one you already tried but, have you tried a System Restore ? Sometimes your puter needs a kick in the behind to get it back to normal
Colleen

the gaffer
01-28-2007, 09:54 AM
:confused: this may be a stupid suggestion or one you already tried but, have you tried a System Restore ? Sometimes your puter needs a kick in the behind to get it back to normal
Colleen

no such thing as a stupid suggestion when its one that could cure a problem and one that often people do not bother trying.

tkaliforniaa
02-11-2007, 06:32 PM
yes.. go* dammit.. i had just reformatted my computer 2 days ago.. i installed yahoo messenger 7 [since 6.1922 isnt serviced by yahoo anymore] and i got ANOTHER SCRIPTING ERROR.. im almost certain its the same exact problem as before but didnt view the page i did that caused the problem before
HELP

Windows 98SE
02-11-2007, 11:48 PM
well can't help you if you dont give more detail, when that error comes up take screen shot of it hit print scrn that takes screen shot

the gaffer
02-12-2007, 02:00 AM
better still if the program is giving that much trouble and obviously you are unable to resolve it with help etc,then try an alternative program,locustfurnace has listed many programs here on the forums,if it is as i suspect a conflict of different software you have installed then it will just keep happening.

tkaliforniaa
02-12-2007, 02:18 AM
but i like yahoo messenger
and i had installed the same cds that i did last time and didnt have a problem starting out..
i think it is web based.. but i havent visited the same sites from last time.. at least not some minor site that is more likely to send a virus.. but what i dont get is how does a script dig into the computer therefore effecting messenger
and the error is what i posted in a previous post.. check 2 pages ago

the gaffer
02-12-2007, 02:47 AM
people here have given many different tips and hints on fixing the problem,you have formatted and started again and still having the errors,web based depends on what sites you are visiting,if you visit dodgy site such as warez sites etc then you will run into problems.same as people downloading cracks etc.i am not saying you do at all but just giving an instance of web based stuff that cause problems.obviously here members have done what they can and you still have the problem occuring.perhaps you should contact yahoo and ask for their views or look up a dedicated yahoo forum to see if anyone else can shed some light on it.

tkaliforniaa
02-12-2007, 08:42 PM
if you do a search [most likely at yahoo answers] you will find that over the past months many people have had a problem with script errors.. so its not my fault.. or that its a slightly older version.. or the sites i visit [maybe maybe not].. but YAHELLS fault

Windows 98SE
02-14-2007, 09:26 PM
Yahoo requires flash in some part of the program so update your flash http://www.webmasterfree.com/Adobe_Flash_Player_9_d7228.html

These cds you know when you copy to disc they are read-only files and you install direct from cd, I would copy file from cd and paste to harddrive then install, After that right click on file uncheck read only and check archive.

Pretty soon maybe might ding off older versions of messager they know how you connect and what version you have sooner or later 6.0 to 7.5 not gonna be able to use services.

I view yahoo answers daily all there questions are 8.1 I have only seen few questions how to get older version of yahoo.

LOL dont waste time over there like I do mostly all questions today are myspace myspace gez for teens that blog site, passwords too omg I forgot myspace password hmmmm why you post that here on yahoo it's related to myspace not yahoo :eek:

the gaffer
02-15-2007, 02:26 AM
yahoo naswers is a site for general posting on anything from rockets to knitting needles,i visit it quite regular and some of the answers posted are ridiculous and lots just post to get their counts up with info thats far off the mark but hey if the answer you give is meaningless then whats it matter when you get 2 points just for posting,if you want a dedicated forum for messengers then just google it.

tkaliforniaa
02-15-2007, 02:30 AM
ok.. 98 what you typed was pretty close to illegible.. thats not good when trying to help people
and regarding yahoo answers you have to look for anything regarding script errors.. it may not be in the same category and may not be in the past two days.. it couldve been 2 weeks ago or 10months ago

and gaffer and 98.. i didnt not bring up yahoo answers to debate on point gaming people.. i merely mentioned it as proof that i am no longer the complete idiot.. and am not the only one this has happened too.. so somewhere out there there must be a way to solve this problem because i never had this problem until lately with any version of messenger.. it doesnt matter if its 8.1 or 5.3

the gaffer
02-15-2007, 02:44 AM
im sure out there somewhere there is a way of solving your problems,thats why i advised on finding a dedicated yahoo forum,as its obvious here your problem is not going to be solved.

Therese
02-15-2007, 03:46 AM
tkaliforniaa,

Perhaps the people at Tech Support Guy (http://www.techguy.org/) can help you with your problems.