PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime 5

namja
10-22-2002, 12:14 PM
Why isn't QuickTime 5 on there? I hate the registration pop up that comes with QT6.

Could you (oldversion.com folks) upload QT5 ... or could someone show me how to disable the pop up on QT6? The pop up shows when you either load QT or close QT (or both?).

igor
10-22-2002, 03:44 PM
The installer for QuickTime 5 downloaded the program from the web when you ran it. The only way to get QuickTime 5 would be to find the full installer, which I do not think was ever released.

- Igor

scot
10-23-2002, 12:39 AM
I just downloaded QuickTime 5 for Windows today from the Apple site. It took a little digging to find it, but here's the link:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120133

HTH

OldVersion.com Admin
10-23-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by scot@Oct 23 2002, 12:39 AM
I just downloaded QuickTime 5 for Windows today from the Apple site. It took a little digging to find it, but here's the link:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=120133

HTH
Thanks for letting us know, we will update our QuickTime section with this version.

SaddleMagic
08-18-2003, 02:32 AM
I have an older computer, it was designed around and still runs Win95. Fortunately it was built late in the production run of Win95 machines and is still usable. In fact, with the proper care and feeding is a quite capable machine.
Through various events in my computer's life, I somehow find it without Quicktime installed on it. I know it was here when the machine was new, I recall upgrading Quicktime once. I have only had to reload Windows once in the last 6 years and that must be when Quicktime departed.
I am now finding an instance or 2 when I need Quicktime and surprise! Surprise! The current version of Quicktime, ver6, is not compatable with my machine.
I found version 5 at your web site and I also found this forum. A quick search located this thread and the link above to Apple still seems to be good as I am downloading Quicktime ver 5.0.5 as I write this.

I will post a follow up if I encounter any problems.

Thank you for being here.

BTW, I was refered here by one of the forum members at the Opera Internet browser site. "opera.com"

SM