View Full Version : Hollywood High - Theatrix

ahamed
02-20-2007, 05:06 AM
Hello All,

Does anyone have a copy / CD of :

Program Name: Hollywood High
Current version: - Unknown
Desired versions: - Unknown
Description:Hollywood High is a creative writing game released in 1996 by Theatrix Ineractive. It is also the sequel to Theatrix's Hollywood, which featured only animal cartoon characters. The game features 37 scenes to be chosen from, as well as multiple human cartoon characters. Users input text and can watch the characters read it.

I had the original CD, but i used it roughly and the cd blasted inside the drive.
I have been searching for this Software like for 4 years now & i couldnt find a single download link. Available on E-bay, but paypal doesnot operate in U.A.E

If anybody has a link or a CD and can share an image of it, please share.

Thanks

the gaffer
02-20-2007, 07:38 AM
unless this was ever a shareware or freeware title which i doubt then it would be illegal to add links and or a disc image which is not allowed here at oldversion.if it is available on ebay.com then contact a seller for ways you could make payment,most will oblige if you are genuine.

ahamed
03-10-2007, 01:27 AM
it is listed on amazon.com and on other sites. The software was a shareware/demo. I want the demo software itself.

If you have it, please help me. Thanks a lot

the gaffer
03-10-2007, 01:55 AM
hi,if it was ever available for download as a demo/shareware title then i sure cannot find anything,perhaps another member may find something but it sure seems that you will have to purchase it from one of the people you mention.such as amazon.

XPY
03-10-2007, 04:38 AM
oops sorry, bad link.

strider
08-10-2007, 11:36 PM
This site IS abandonware. And I look down upon it. Good BYE!

Goslow
08-11-2007, 12:28 AM
Hollywood high is now abandonware HOORAY!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_High
That means it's not illegal sharing the image to the game.

http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php *****/Hollywood_High.html

The developer is defunct, and the software is abandoned.
Therefore I CAN share it.Perhaps you should read the sources you are quoting. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abandonware)

The term has no legal meaning, and much abandonware is not in the public domain, and so cannot be legally copied or distributed without the permission of the owner. Copyrights in the U.S. do not expire until 70 years after the death of the copyright owner, or if the copyright is held by a company (as is often the case with software), 95 years after first publication
Nowhere in Oldversion.coms rules will you find that you can share "abondonware" here, of course your link will be removed & you risk a severe looking down upon.

strider
08-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Ah that's no big deal, I believe sharing the links privately is more effective anyway.

the gaffer
08-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Ah that's no big deal, I believe sharing the links privately is more effective anyway.

and still ilegal,the pm system here is not for that purpose and if found using it for such you could well find yourself banned from oldversion.

strider
08-19-2007, 12:49 AM
You're right, but it seems as though a lot of forums secretly do not keep their "rules" at heart and only use them as a smokescreen to pretend that they are not doing anything illegal.

I respect the forum rules of course, it's just that I feel that not everyone is without fault and could, if tempted, be likely to share a link or two.

If you want to ban me, then by all means go ahead.

locustfurnace
08-19-2007, 08:34 AM
The rules are enforced when they are violated. If any rules are left broken it more than likely is due to not being pointed out or seen by the Admin or MOD's. But it doesn't usually last long without someone fixing the problem.

As a content creator myself. I believe in copyrights. I have a lot of work copyrighted and it annoys me if someone steals my work and does not pay me for it. If you like my work then pay me for it, thats the rules. Thats only fair.

So that is my motivation if your wondering and secretly believe I don't follow our rules.

strider
08-20-2007, 12:04 AM
What things do you develop?