PDA

View Full Version : How to keep track

muna580
04-06-2007, 11:37 PM
How does the owner of this site keep track of all the versions. I mean, lets say for example the current latest version of MSN Messenger is X.X.X5 and then a minior update is made and then the version changes to X.X.X6. So how do you guys keep track of it so it can be archived on this site?

the gaffer
04-07-2007, 03:57 AM
welcome to oldversion muna, the site owners do their best to keep check on current versions and add old versions as and when is possible but they also appreciate it when members point to programs that are in need of updating.there are times when it may appear they are getting a little behind with what the current versions are but rest assured they do their utmost to keep things up to date,bearing in mind the speed at which software titles can and do change and the hard work they put in behind the scenes that people do not see,it sometimes makes me wonder how they ever rest. i hope you enjoy your stay and find us of use. please feel free to ask any questions either here on the forum or via pm if you want a personal answer to a query.

muna580
04-07-2007, 04:58 PM
@the gaffer thanks alot. Also what happens if they miss a version of the software? For example current version is x.x.5 and new verison is released which is x.x.6, but you guys forget and didn't notice, but then again it gets updated to x.x.7. What happens to x.x.6? Does it ever get archived?

Constance
04-07-2007, 08:40 PM
It may if some user who had downloaded it when it was available contacts the admin to send it...
http://www.oldversion.com/contact.php

the gaffer
04-08-2007, 09:10 AM
hello again my friend,with the popular apps that are here and the hundreds of members and traffic that visit oldversion it would be very unlikely that it wasnt sent in,as in the requests section you will see that almost all programs are around somewhere and usually one of those who search such as the mighty THERESE will find a program even if others have searched with no luck.but as constance has mentioned please feel free to send in any versions you may come across that are not on the site the owners really do appreciate all softwares that are sent in.