PDA

View Full Version : This Is The Best Web Site!

Alix
02-25-2003, 08:57 PM
This is the best web site!! I love the old version of msn messnger and i was looking everywhere for it! I'll definatly be telling people about this website.

Bye!

Jan Valk
03-11-2003, 10:45 PM
I agree that this is a great website.
My motto is use a new computer but do not upgrade just because it is possible. Always keep your old software available and a way to downgrade (Make a backup first) before you try new stuff. Newer is not always better and with Microsoft software it is often even worse. But for all newer versions you can say that they all want more computer resources so everything slows down just a little. Add 10 newer versions and your system slows down for sure. For this reason I like this website very much and will add a link at my website. I built websites and still use Iphoto 1.1 built in 1993 for windows 3.
I have not found a better and still fast alternative for the most important things I want to do on graphical editing so all photos, buttons and other stuff at my websites are built using Iphoto1.1. And offcourse because it is old it is superfast. Only missing is the possibilty to point a transparent color in a gif so for that I use Irfanview 2.95. Why not a newer version of IrfanView? Again thats the wrong question. I would ask you back: "Why do you use a newer version?". But okee this once I will answer. Irfanview 2.95 uses a smaller window caption and another videosystem. It does not open an extra window for video. But the most important reason: It has never crached on my computers.
I've tried Windows XP and trashed it. I love Windows 98 and stick to it as long as possible. Call me an old fashion guy but i'm sure I am running one of the fastest systems and software there is on my superfast Amd 1200 Mhz system. Ohh by the way, Not only old software is often better. What do you think of my HP deskyet 520 printer. Works like new already for over 6 years.

Thank you for building this website.

See yah
Jan Valk
www.janvalk.nl