PDA

View Full Version : downloading not downloading

mtnbluet881
04-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Last night it was working. I need an old version of AOL. Namely aol 9.0 optimized.
I got it 70% downloaded and I inadvertently closed the cover on my laptop. So I started a new downloaded. My husband ended up closing the lid after a 25% download. Now it won't download anything off the site and I need to get some retired friends up and running back on the Internet. That is all they need as they have already contacted Tech support for AOL. Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Cathy Sutton

the gaffer
04-27-2007, 02:58 PM
this may be an issue with the limit of stored temporary files on your pc try deleting temporary files and starting over again.

LRI41
04-27-2007, 09:09 PM
Cathy, I don't know where you are geographically but AOL Disks are around
everywhere, most Targets, Office Depot, etc. etc have a stack of them somewhere and each disk containes more than one version of AOL on it, you can check
what the versions are by going through explorer or My Computer and opening up the CD.

LRI41

locustfurnace
04-28-2007, 04:10 PM
L
I got it 70% downloaded and I inadvertently closed the cover on my laptop. So I started a new downloaded. My husband ended up closing the lid after a 25% download.

For future reference, you should be using a download manager so that partial downloads can be resumed from the point of interruption.

you can try 'Getright', 'Gozilla' or any number of download managers

the gaffer
04-28-2007, 04:14 PM
you will find download managers listed in this thread http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2033&highlight=download+manager