PDA

View Full Version : Firewall Help

techybecky
05-10-2007, 05:18 PM
I just downloaded this firewall this morning and it keeps popping up and asking me permission to allow access to everything . It is very intrusive and I don't know how to make it run without interrupting my work. Can you help?

Constance
05-10-2007, 05:35 PM
I just downloaded this firewall[...]I guess it would help if you stated precisely *which* firewall you are talking about.
Also, I would not recommend using an *old* version of a security related program ...

the gaffer
05-11-2007, 01:29 PM
I guess it would help if you stated precisely *which* firewall you are talking about.
Also, I would not recommend using an *old* version of a security related program ...

all/most firewalls ask for permissions to allow connections for programs that access the internet,but we need to know which one you are using as constance has already asked.

Windows 2000 SP4
05-23-2007, 08:31 AM
Could be ZA or norton 2002 and up. U need a router less program on drive less worryies. Dlink 604 are best routers

locustfurnace
05-23-2007, 06:11 PM
Routers are a good way to go.
I built my own, and I use IPFW which is a packet filter under FreeBSD. I've also used OpenBSD & PF for router construction.
Though they require more hands-on to build and program than a store bought one, but the benefits are countless.

To the OP. best to include as many details as you can. So many firewall options available, it's difficult to accurately guess what you may be using.