PDA

View Full Version : connecting computer internal cables

tmm5899
05-10-2007, 07:42 PM
a friend disconnected the cables in my computer and put a cd burner in my computer they did not come back and reconnect the cables and a computer place wants to charge me $50 to connect the cables can someone tell me how to connect the cables i have a cd rom a drive and cd burner and hard drove i am not familiar with computers to know what the cables come from to connect to each if the items i listed so it would help if there were pictures that show where the cables come from and go to each of the items :confused: the items in my computer are like this
cd burner top
cd rom
floppy
hard drive
two grey cables are connected to mother board one has a connector on both ends and one in the middle:confused:

the gaffer
05-11-2007, 01:57 AM
if you look at the motherboard it will perhaps have these marked as ide1 and ide2 connect the ide 1 cable to your hard drive and ide 2 to the cd drives bear in mind the cd drives will have a small jumper in the back and one will need to be set as master and the other as slave,as far as the floppy drive goes it is a different sized connector and you cannot get the wrong one but you can in some cases get it upside down.