PDA

View Full Version : WinMX Patch

wsp2469
05-27-2007, 09:32 PM
I loved one of the older versions of WinMX. NOW you need some kind of "patch" to get it to work. WHERE do i get this patch?
By the way, I am a teacher so I use the free DLs in my lessons. I am not one of these so -called pirates tha Don Henley is so concerned about, okay? (The man spent a little too much of his money trying to protect those woods!)
Thank you!

the gaffer
05-28-2007, 11:38 AM
this has been asked and answered here on the forums in the past and im sure you will find and answer in past postings,try a search and your answer is there im sure,if i get the time i will have a look but there are so many threads on p2p stuff it may take a while,if i find a suitable i will merge this with it.

wsp2469
06-10-2007, 10:35 PM
I honestly have no idea how to find this information myself. I have tried searching but i must not use the correct keywords. I was hoping that someone could direct me to an "even-an-idiot-can-do-it" site. I can read and follow directions--no problem! I am glad someone actually understood my question, at any rate!

Zootopia3000
06-17-2007, 01:19 PM
I've found that the 'patch' no longer works with older versions of WinMX, Version WinMX 3.54 Beta 4 works fine. I had the patch, but deleted it long ago being that it is now worthless. The patch was basically some Hosts file entries created by a former WinMX developer soon after the RIAA had WinMX shut down.

Zootopia3000
08-27-2007, 11:18 AM
UPDATE:
WinMX 3.53/3.54 needs a Hosts file patch again to connect. Download at...

http://rapidshare.com/files/51642865/MXPie_v3.5_Manual.zip.html

...Place Hosts file in Windows/System32/drivers/etc folder for Win2K/XP or Windows folder for Windows 98SE/ME.