PDA

View Full Version : paint shop pro 3.11 and vista

krudnick
06-05-2007, 10:35 PM
I would like to download paint shop pro 3.11 and I have windows vista. i'm a little nervous about doing this. Does anyone know if downloading such an old program will cause a problem with vista.
Thanks,
Karen:)

Constance
06-06-2007, 05:30 AM
It should not, the worst that should happen is that the program "doesn't run", returning some kind of error.

the gaffer
06-06-2007, 07:30 AM
thats hard to say as many have not yet run vista (me included) but wouldnt have thought it would mess your system at all,at worst i would expect as constance has stated it just wouldnt run or perhaps not install at all.i will be setting up a pc with vista real soon to see what its like but so far it seems the general opinion that the dreaded new os is not so good as it should be.

kcdclan
06-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Most all old program will work.
It don't hurt to try that kinda thing anyways.
If it wont install just right run as administrator
If still it wont work then right click properties tick the boxs under compatibility run as administrator and run this program in compatibility mode under windows xp
If it still dosn't work then contact the makers of paintshop pro.
I don't really like painshop i'm a photoshop guy.

Constance
06-11-2007, 02:03 AM
If it still dosn't work then contact the makers of paintshop pro.I seriously doubt they will ever provide support for such an old version ... was made for Windows 3 ^^'

locustfurnace
06-11-2007, 01:24 PM
I was made for Windows 3 ^^'

That old of an application is likely still a 16bit program. While Vista for many, is the 64bit version. Will be interesting to learn if anyone runs this old program on Vista (64bit version).