PDA

View Full Version : HDD Regenerator

QuadOpteron
06-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Program Name: HDD Regenerator
Current version: 1.51
Desired versions: 1.22 or any one that works with my license key.
Description: This software claims to restore bad sectors.

I had a damaged fixed disk that took over 12 hours for scandisk to finish. In my experience it recovered over 90 MB in a 6 GB HD. I bought a license for this shareware. I got the key. I still have the key. But now years later, another fixed disk has many bad sectors due to power failure. I tried the purchased key with the recent versions but it does not work.

XPY
06-12-2007, 01:25 PM
hi quad!

removed link as contains a posted crack/serial with hosted file

the gaffer
06-13-2007, 06:32 AM
Program Name: HDD Regenerator
Current version: 1.51
Desired versions: 1.22 or any one that works with my license key.
Description: This software claims to restore bad sectors.

I had a damaged fixed disk that took over 12 hours for scandisk to finish. In my experience it recovered over 90 MB in a 6 GB HD. I bought a license for this shareware. I got the key. I still have the key. But now years later, another fixed disk has many bad sectors due to power failure. I tried the purchased key with the recent versions but it does not work.

check out the manufacturers website for the make of disk you have some do or at least used to do a program for their drives that does a low level format designed at the same thing you are trying to achieve,most hard drive companies do/used to recommend not using anything other than their own titles as it can make matters worse.

XPY
06-13-2007, 11:41 AM
hello the_gaffer! how dare you its an illegal file? I have installed it on my own disk and it doesn't seems to be a crack, serial or an infected file. After launching the program, it says: "Unregistered. Only the first found bad sector will be regenerated."

the gaffer
06-13-2007, 02:26 PM
hello the_gaffer! how dare you its an illegal file? I have installed it on my own disk and it doesn't seems to be a crack, serial or an infected file. After launching the program, it says: "Unregistered. Only the first found bad sector will be regenerated."

Firstly, items that are illegal or unsuitable Will be removed,please note I did not edit or remove the link in your post,if you had cared to notice it was edited by Locustfurnace and he never removes anything unless it is necessary.as i did not even see the link you added then i cannot comment further but i am sure LF will comment in reply when he next signs in.it appears from his edit note to point that the crack/serial was on the same site where the file was hosted,if this was the case then it is ilegal to post links to sites that hold cracks etc and hence would be the reason it was removed.

Constance
06-14-2007, 05:46 AM
And you may just host the legal file on another website ... there are lots of free hosts out there, such as filefront, gigasize, savefile, to name only a few.

QuadOpteron
06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
check out the manufacturers website for the make of disk you have some do or at least used to do a program for their drives that does a low level format designed at the same thing you are trying to achieve

This is NOT accurate. LLF destroys the data. The shareware I am requesting does not. In fact if you use a not-NT-based version of Windows such as Windows 95/98/Me, you can actually access the disk in question while the repair is going on!

XPY
06-14-2007, 12:52 PM
it appears from his edit note to point that the crack/serial was on the same site where the file was hosted,if this was the case then it is ilegal to post links to sites that hold cracks etc and hence would be the reason it was removed.
Whoops sorry for the trouble! I found the file with a ftp search engine and i did not realise that illegal stuff exists in the same ftp directory. I hope the new link is ok...
http://www.gigasize.com/get.php/-1100119182/hddreg_v1.22.exe

Goslow
06-15-2007, 12:40 AM
Whoops sorry for the trouble! I found the file with a ftp search engine and i did not realise that illegal stuff exists...I wouldn't sweat it as 50%+ of the posted links may lead to "illegal" content if you dig deep enough,I think locustfurnace only has time for the obvious ones or those complained about.

QuadOpteron
06-15-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks, XPY.

My registration key works. The damage was not that bad this time. It only recovered 21 bad sectors and left 2 unrepaired. Of course then I ran the more recent versions and the bad sectors are repaired with no data lost. So my eight-year-old 13.6 GB HD is still going strong. :)