PDA

View Full Version : Msn Messinger ( Non Xp )

TP
03-02-2003, 09:04 PM
Hello . . .

I'm using Windows ME, IE6, with SP1, a straight DUN conection to MSN ( no MSN connection software - I won't go into that ), and NO firewalls, or proxies, or any such thing. Also, an AMD Athlon 1333, with 768mb PC133 ram.

The Problem: MSN Messinger v5.0 ( 5.0.0543 )

Since around August 02, when the Messinger Updates began coming at a rate of about one every 2-3 weeks, my Messinger 4.6 worked GREAT!! Subsequent Messinger Updates have ALL had the SAME problem. Whenever I initiate a VOICE link, THEY can hear me for maybe from 3-30 seconds, then they say that I just "cut out", although I can still hear them fine. This is the same for everyone I have tried it with. Also when doing a file transfer of 550kb, or larger ( me trying to send it ), Messinger just logs me out, sometimes it just kicks me offline ( but rarely ). Messinger Help has been NO help at all, their last help was " we're aware of the problem, and it will be addressed in the next version update ".

I have tried the 4.6 and 4.7 versions again, but when I get as far as setting the AUDIO TUNING WIZZARD, messinger says that the " AUDIO TUNING WIZZARD IS NOT AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME ". Does this mean that I will no longer be able to have VOICE conversations on Messinger ? ? ?

I really miss my voice and file sending capabilities, and would like to get MSN Messinger working 100% again, as all of my contacts have it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated-

TP