PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in a modified edition of Windows NT4?

randomgypsy
07-25-2007, 04:37 PM
From the 1st of August a FREE modified version of windows NT4 will be avaliable from my websitehttp://www.randomgypsy.com It contains a range of pre-installed software such as:

Mozilla Firefox
Quicktime Player
Adobe Reader

Get downloading from the 1st of August......

If you have any questions just ask:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Goslow
07-26-2007, 05:05 AM
Free? how is it licensed?

Modified? in what way?

Constance
07-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Sounds like illegal software, even if NT4 is not sold / supported anymore by MS (which I don't even know), it's still their copyrighted stuff...

locustfurnace
07-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Microsoft's license, I am sure, does not permit modifications. Let alone redistribution of their IP. Labeling a retail OS with some pre-packed program does not constitute your own OS.

If you want to offer your very own OS to someone, then learn to build from the GNU/Linux camp. You can start with the basics using LFS, Linux From Scratch. Then you can pack any programs you want and offer it for free, legally.

randomgypsy
07-26-2007, 01:22 PM
it is lecensed to a mate of mine who developes and modifies software, he has obtained a lincense from microsoft to develope this version of NT4:o :o :o

randomgypsy
07-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Notice that the NT4 edition is licensed to microsoft so we cant provide it free.....:D :D :D :D sorry for any inconvenience caused...... sorry

randomgypsy
07-28-2007, 09:55 AM
i can only provide you with an nt4 installer and of course only current nt4 users* can use it, a bit of a misunderstanding i think:cool: :cool: