PDA

View Full Version : Windows ME - Error in VxD?

admin4000
07-26-2007, 09:18 AM
:(
I REALLY need help here!! Whenever im using my comp then sum blue screen cums up. This is EXACTLY what it says:

An exeption OD has occurred at 0028:C0009489 in VxD ---. This was called from 0028:C001D324 in VxD ---. It may be possible to continue normally.

*Press any key to attempt to continue
*Press ctrl + alt + del to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Press any key to continue

I really need help because whenever im on mozilla firefox my comp crashes and I have to restart my computer. It is even more annoying when im playing on my comp then it crashes, and that is annoying for me and for everyone playing against me online!

admin4000
07-26-2007, 09:19 AM
I really need help here!

admin4000
07-26-2007, 09:23 AM
I REALLY need help here!! Whenever im using my comp then sum blue screen cums up. This is EXACTLY what it says:

An exeption OD has occurred at 0028:C0009489 in VxD ---. This was called from 0028:C001D324 in VxD ---. It may be possible to continue normally.

*Press any key to attempt to continue
*Press ctrl + alt + del to restart your computer. You will lose any unsaved information in all applications.

Press any key to continue

I am running Windows Millenium Edition on a Compaq Deskpro 350mhz and 64mb RAM. I also have a ATI Graphics Card (4mb) and a Winfast TV Card, Broken NIC, Modem (that i dont use), broadband connected directly to a rooter (USB Connection).

I really need help because whenever im on mozilla firefox my comp crashes and I have to restart my computer. It is even more annoying when im playing on my comp then it crashes, and that is annoying for me and for everyone playing against me online!

Constance
07-26-2007, 01:00 PM
Windows ME
Here's the problem ^^

randomgypsy
07-26-2007, 01:36 PM
i used to have that problem and i found out that it was to do with the installation of firefox, as soon as i unistalled firefox re-installed it the problem went away.....:confused: :confused:

admin4000
07-28-2007, 06:21 AM
I think it is to do with the graphics card - im buying a new one.
I think this bcuz whenever im using high graphics applications then it cums.

admin4000
07-28-2007, 06:27 AM
Ive been using windows me for the past 6 years and i havent encountered anything like this. Windows XP runs V E R Y slow on my comp - The only one that works is windows xp pro sp1 and on that games dnt work properly, so, im stuck with windows me, windows 98, windows nt, windows 2000 or windows 3.1. (Windows 2000 is quite slow).
Windows 98 is even worse - i have 2 dwbload the drivers off the internet.
Windows XP - Too slow, dosent support USB Rooter
Windows 2000 - Crap graphics, too slow, dusent support usb rooter
Windows ME - Not many win xp programs work on it
Windows 95 - Plain Crap
Windows 3.1 - Too old, nothing works, Looks very bad, dusent support networking (ly suppots dial up.

admin4000
07-28-2007, 06:28 AM
Vista just dusent work at all. :( :( :mad: :mad:

admin4000
07-28-2007, 08:48 AM
i used to have that problem and i found out that it was to do with the installation of firefox, as soon as i unistalled firefox re-installed it the problem went away.....:confused: :confused:

But i think that it is not a program/application problem cuz it happened straight after i sone a clean install of windows
I dunno what the hell error in vxd is, but i am suspecting that it is the graphics card (4 mb ati agp 2x)

admin4000
07-28-2007, 08:51 AM
I am running Windows Millenium Edition on a Compaq Deskpro 350mhz and 64mb RAM. I also have a ATI Graphics Card (4mb) and a Winfast TV Card, Broken NIC, Modem (that i dont use), broadband connected directly to a rooter (USB Connection).
Ive been using windows me for the past 6 years and i havent encountered anything like this.:confused: Windows XP runs V E R Y slow on my comp - The only one that works is windows xp pro sp1 and on that games dnt work properly, so, im stuck with windows me, windows 98, windows nt, windows 2000 or windows 3.1. (Windows 2000 is quite slow).:mad:
Windows 98 is even worse - i have 2 dwbload the drivers off the internet.
Windows XP - Too slow, dosent support USB Rooter
Windows 2000 - Crap graphics, too slow, dusent support usb rooter
Windows ME - Not many win xp programs work on it
Windows 95 - Plain Crap:eek:
Windows 3.1 - Too old, nothing works, Looks very bad, dusent support networking (ly suppots dial up.:(

randomgypsy
07-28-2007, 09:58 AM
yeh i have found info to show that the error may be due to a problem with drivers:p :p

Constance
07-28-2007, 10:40 AM
Windows 98 [...] i have 2 dwbload the drivers off the internet.So what ? Download them and burn them to a CD once and for all, then you'll be much more stable than with ME ...

admin4000
07-29-2007, 10:17 AM
1. Win 98 does not support my graphics card,video card or my sound card.
2. Mixcraft 3 does not work on win 98
3. Getright (Latest Version) Does not work on win98
4. My rooter does not support win98
5. Windows Media Player 9 series or Winamp Latest Bundle does not work on windows 98.
6. I tried Win 98 and 5 new errors come.
7. Zonealarm does not work on win98
8. AVG does not work on Win98
9. I cannot use the ICS Functions that are in win 2000 and me
10. Slow Startup
11. Slow Shutdown

Constance
07-30-2007, 04:18 PM
1. Win 98 does not support my graphics card,video card or my sound card.Blame the manufacturers for not providing drivers ^^

2. Mixcraft 3 does not work on win 98
3. Getright (Latest Version) Does not work on win98Such things happen ... will happen with later OSes too in a while ...

4. My rooter does not support win98Your router is not supposed to have anything to see with the OS on your PC ...

5. Windows Media Player 9 series or Winamp Latest Bundle does not work on windows 98.They do... or at least, WinAmp does.
(WMP might be limited to version 7, I'm not quite sure ...)

6. I tried Win 98 and 5 new errors come.Which are ? ...

7. Zonealarm does not work on win98ZoneAlarm sucks anyway.

8. AVG does not work on Win98It does.

9. I cannot use the ICS Functions that are in win 2000 and meWell yeah, of course, you can't use what's not there, sounds obvious ...

10. Slow Startup
11. Slow ShutdownHmm I wonder how an older OS, that requires less ressources, should be slower to start and shutdown ... unless it's a driver issue ^^

admin4000
07-30-2007, 04:23 PM
hahhah - zonealarm does not suck, zonealarm is the best. it saved my comp millions of times from these bloody hackers and other stuff.
Avg LATEST VERSION does not work on win 98. whats the point of having antivirus software if its not updated??
Winamp dusent even work on Windows ME properly so it dusent work at all on win98.

admin4000
07-30-2007, 04:25 PM
and win 98 is slow startup + shurdown because it is really $H!T and ruins your computers bios.

admin4000
07-30-2007, 04:44 PM
I have a VERY slow computer (350mhz with 64mb memory running windows me).
it is VERY SLOW!!! (I have to mention that a few times!!)
i wanted to ask if anyone knows any freeware/shareware software that you can use to clean up and tune up your computer like windows live onecare.
Oh, and I have a VxD problem.
Check that in the thread Error in Vxd??? or sumthing like that. :confused
I would be very grateful if it is fixed!!! :D

Constance
07-31-2007, 01:51 AM
hahhah - zonealarm does not suck, zonealarm is the best.LOL !

Winamp dusent even work on Windows ME properly so it dusent work at all on win98.Did you at least try ?
It DOES work fine here on the PC that runs 98...

and win 98 is slow startup + shurdown because it is really $H!T and ruins your computers bios.You just ruined your own credibility (that wasn't any high yet). Troll spotted, I'm not replying anymore in this thread.

admin4000
07-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Thank you for not replying in this thread and co operating with me. Please go away . Thank you. :P

randomgypsy
07-31-2007, 05:11 PM
a way to speed up your startup:

Here is a tip to shave a few seconds of the Windows 98 boot time.

You can tell Windows 98 not to search for your floppy drive when your PC is booted up. You will still be able to use the floppy drive as normal and Windows 98 will search for it only when you click on its icon in Explorer.

To switch this feature off Right-click on My Computer and choose Properties then select the Performance tab. Click on the File System button, then on the Floppy Disk tab. Deselect the option to "Search for new floppy disk drives each time your computer starts.

randomgypsy
07-31-2007, 05:14 PM
a way to speed up shutdown (possibly)

Click Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information.
On the Tools menu, click System Configuration Utility.
On the General tab, click Advanced.
Click to select the Enable Fast Shutdown check box, click OK, and then click OK.

hopefully this will speed up shutdown if this option is not already enabled

randomgypsy
08-01-2007, 02:29 AM
this will hopefully help:

When you start Windows, you may receive the following error message:
VMM32.VXD: Missing/Unable to Load. Press any key to continue.
Pressing any key causes the "Shutdown" screen to appear.

This can occur for either of the following reasons:
• If the Umaxis11.386 file is being loaded from the System.ini file.
• It can be caused by a file, Smis11.386.

Follow these steps:

1. Restart your computer with a Windows Startup disk.
2. Type the following lines, pressing ENTER after each line:

c:
cd windows
edit system.ini

3. Press ALT+S, and then press F.
4. Type umaxis11.386, and then press ENTER.
5. Disable the line containing "Umaxis11.386" by placing a semicolon (;) at the beginning of the line.
6. Press ALT+F, press X, and then press Y.
7. Remove the Windows Startup disk, and then restart your computer.

hope this helps you...:confused: :confused: :confused:

randomgypsy
08-01-2007, 02:41 AM
another way to try is:

insert your windows install disc(if u have 1) in your pc and boot from it, go along as if you were installing windows untill you get to a screen when you can choose to 'repair' windows, click to repair windows (if you can). Then see what happens next time u are using your pc.

Zootopia3000
08-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Reduce System Restore disk size and then disable System Restore in PC properties. The System Restore 'feature' does not run well at all on WinME.
You haven't mentioned what all you have running in the background. For one thing, AVG and ZA are pigs IMO. A 'puter that old and with limited memory (64mb's) does not work well with the latest version offerings from AV software developers, especially if running 'realtime'. Kerio Personal Firewall 2.15 will do better as a firewall on that old 'puter.

Check to make sure you have the 'proper' drivers for your hardware, including chipset drivers. Don't blindly rely on the WinME installation for drivers. Check your various BIOS settings. May need to set for 'Safe' rather than 'Optimized' (if you have that option). Reseat your memory, graphics card, sound card, modem, and such.

I could go on, and on and on... But that's a start. Dig in and start troubleshooting.

admin4000
08-18-2007, 05:23 PM
thanks everyone 4 your help! i really appreciate it!!:D :D :D :D