PDA

View Full Version : Music Match Juke Box

Joe Bainter
08-04-2007, 02:34 AM
I've been bombarded, like all of us, with Yahoo's Music Match's update IT NOW! demands, and I really find it annoying. I hate to upgrade because.
1, All I need is the basic ripper, player, and the organizing aspects of the old MMJB. It's all I ever used, and all I want.
2, From what I have read, it seems that even though I have purchased my key years ago, if I upgrade I'll be expected to pay to use Yahoo's player every year. I've not seen anybody address the issue of those of us who just need the basic service.
3, Be hassled by Music Match with music suggestions that I don't want, and have all my music tracked for licensing. And be forced to download what I expect is your Instant messenger. I got one, I don't WANT another.
4, They are giving me the feeling that they are gonna be a very intrusive, boorish and over bearing. I'd rather not have somebody inform me someday that my music library (all 55,000 songs of it) are not licensed, and that I owe somebody to get it so.
Now all my music was ripped off CD and not downloaded off the Internet and as such I can't expect how I can prove that it is legal, nor could it be proved it's not, but who needs the trouble later on?
Can anybody here give me any answers?

Thanks Joe

Goslow
08-04-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes there are plenty of musicmatch threads (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/search.php?&searchid=288332) and many of them contain complaints such as yours so why not try a freeware alternative, also suggested within the forum, there are also many plugins available to add additional featuresQuintessential Player » Play, Rip, Manage and Enjoy your music (http://www.quinnware.com/index.php) its crazy to pay for unhappiness

TheGreatGazoo
08-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey boys, do you know if any other player supports the data base of musicmatch? I´m going crazy with my jukebox it just doesn´t work and I have lots of music there. Can I open this data base? Can I read This data base with some kind of software and save all my music? Thanks:confused:

locustfurnace
08-15-2007, 02:10 PM
Have you tried simply searching to actually see if those music files are stored in a folder or actually stored inside a DB?
Many times the files are placed inside a folder while a DB is created simply for indexing purposes.