PDA

View Full Version : How Can I Help Out ?

Mr X
03-04-2003, 03:33 PM
How can I help out OldVersion.com ? , Do you guys need server space or bandwidth.

I have allot of both at my disposal. LMK

Thanks,
Mr X

OldVersion.com Admin
03-04-2003, 04:44 PM
Actually, we are looking for some space or bandwidth to mirror files, or to even host this site altogether to cut down on expenses. Exacly how much bandwidth or space do you have to spare, what kind of server is it hosted on? Capabliities? Connection?

Any information is appreciated.

-Mr X-
03-05-2003, 02:03 AM
:unsure:
My only concern would be that of security -&- "housing" software in any "?NON RAW?"(someone help me what would be the best terminology to use here ?) formats , Everything would need to be iether decompiled or compressed or something even odder <_<

I know that NIX on my machine won&#39;t be shaken (AT ALL) and 2K SP4 has allot of security , but anything is possible.

OldVersion.com Admin
03-05-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by -Mr X-@Mar 5 2003, 03:03 AM
:unsure:
My only concern would be that of security -&- "housing" software in any "?NON RAW?"(someone help me what would be the best terminology to use here ?) formats , Everything would need to be iether decompiled or compressed or something even odder <_<

I know that NIX on my machine won&#39;t be shaken (AT ALL) and 2K SP4 has allot of security , but anything is possible.
Don&#39;t really understand what you mean by raw, if you are willing to donate bandwidth+space to host the site, it uses around 300GB of bandwidth/month +/- 100GB and 1GB of space thus far. Quite a bit.

Let me know.

_X_
03-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Space and juice isn&#39;t a prob.

Would you be willing to supply the down/uploader (s) ? (scouts)

Availability would need to be constant.

OldVersion.com Admin
03-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by _X_@Mar 7 2003, 04:20 PM
Space and juice isn&#39;t a prob.

Would you be willing to supply the down/uploader (s) ? (scouts)

Availability would need to be constant.
Please email me your AIM or ICQ or any other communication to alex@oldversion.com

Thanks.