PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Stop Old Versions

Windows 98SE
09-14-2007, 03:59 PM
I see no opition having yahoo versions on this site when they even stop the download for the 7.5 ver. Which means now everyone got to get 8.1 and up

randomgypsy
09-14-2007, 04:53 PM
thanks for the info

The Dude
09-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Are you sure none of the older versions work anymore???

I think theres alot of garbage in 8.1 which might explain it. (They are in bed with Microsoft now i think)

the gaffer
09-15-2007, 12:09 AM
I see no opition having yahoo versions on this site when they even stop the download for the 7.5 ver. Which means now everyone got to get 8.1 and up

this has been mentioned before have a read of this page,it will clarify things for you. http://www.oldversion.com/about.php

allen81973
09-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Can still get them don't know what version you looking for but don't wanna get into trouble with this site but there is one site carrys all of them but have to get rid of the updater

email me on this site and I send you the link for the older messengers

Zootopia3000
09-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Version 6.0.0.1922 still works here. I block YUpdater via software firewall (Kerio 2.15). I guess one could rename YUpdater.exe to YUpdaterNoRun.exe if they so choose.

the gaffer
09-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Can still get them don't know what version you looking for but don't wanna get into trouble with this site but there is one site carrys all of them but have to get rid of the updater

http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=yahoo they are already archived here.they op was pointing out he thought they were pointless which could not be further from the truth.

Windows 2000 Professional
09-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I'm sure I got the 403 code forbidden error when you click on agree, Yahoo removed the download install link, I'm sure only for 7.5

Try it out not gonna hurt your currant yahoo folder wont go far.

The Dude
09-15-2007, 10:33 PM
I block YUpdater via software firewall (Kerio 2.15)Very good....I assumed you could do this..... (Either by blocking via host file or some other way)

Windows 98SE
09-20-2007, 01:00 PM
I dont know what the hell is going on with yahoo, The 7.5.0.819 works again, That's the Yahoo canada version.

Would not work for me that day at all, Works now

I dont like the yahoo 8 at all

randomgypsy
09-23-2007, 05:38 AM
me neither:)

Windows 2000 Professional
12-03-2007, 03:39 PM
This had to been yahoo server itself I did get the old version going after next day I believe cant rememeber but it does still work.

marymarymary33
01-04-2008, 12:40 AM
Uninstall Yahoo Corrupted version of Music Match Juke Box. You know the one that give the Yahoo Music Downgrade Nag Pop up.

Install Zone Alarm Pro (I used version 7) Then I resinstalled Music Match 8 from the cd.

Run Music Match 8, ZONE ALARM will alert you that Music Match is trying to access the internet and modify some files, do you want to allow this. Click remeber this answer.
NO. and you are done, your Music Match 8 will run without the YAHOO NAG SCREEN.

Hope this Helps.

Oh another warning, there is a Microsoft update that seems to stop Music Match from working also. In case anyone does an update and then wonders why Music Match won't launch. Uninstall the update or restore to a date before you did that MS Update.

Remember to run a good fire wall if you are doing updates and use good Anti Virus and Spyware software and you should be ok without the MS update.

Tigress
01-27-2008, 11:09 AM
Where is MusicMatch Plus ???

I have been around the world and can't find the Plus version. Are any of the old applications a Plus version? They don't say.

I keep geting directed to YAHOO, Don't want it.

I lost my Burner Plus software when I uninstalled and reinstalled. I then found out that MM does not support it anymore. No where I go does it say MMJBPlus. When I reinstalled my version, I went to upgrade, and my 7.1 version changed to version 9. One problem, it didn't come with the burner Plus and I have 2 more times to burn. (HEEEEELP)-----------

I will take any version that is 7.1 or above that has the Plus version for burning CD's.

TimVa1
04-19-2008, 10:41 AM
I have MMJB 7.1 with the key. It stopped running back in Oct and I'm wondering if it was due to some upgrade. I'm running XP SP2 Media Edition. It still runs on an XP SP1 machine but won't run on 2 other machines under XP Media edition. When looking around I found that Yahoo had purchased MM and offered an upgrade. I found this to be a total mistake and the Yahoo Juke box to be a piece of junk.

I've uninstalled Yahoo and MMJB an reinstalled MMJB with the same result. It won't work. I'm wondering if there was a Win update that did this and if so does anyone know what the update is? Otherwise, I'll again try the uninstall/reinstall process, and if this doesn't work I'll find some other music player to download (Realplayer sucks).

Anyone know of another good program to use?
================================================== ==

Uninstall Yahoo Corrupted version of Music Match Juke Box. You know the one that give the Yahoo Music Downgrade Nag Pop up.

Install Zone Alarm Pro (I used version 7) Then I resinstalled Music Match 8 from the cd.

Run Music Match 8, ZONE ALARM will alert you that Music Match is trying to access the internet and modify some files, do you want to allow this. Click remeber this answer.
NO. and you are done, your Music Match 8 will run without the YAHOO NAG SCREEN.

Hope this Helps.

Oh another warning, there is a Microsoft update that seems to stop Music Match from working also. In case anyone does an update and then wonders why Music Match won't launch. Uninstall the update or restore to a date before you did that MS Update.

Remember to run a good fire wall if you are doing updates and use good Anti Virus and Spyware software and you should be ok without the MS update.