PDA

View Full Version : Please help with: Opening Compressed zip folder for aol version 8.0

petesc
09-22-2007, 08:40 AM
i downloaded version 8.0 of AOL here on olderversion.com and am having trouble opening or installing this program it came down as a compressed zip folder and dont know what i need to do to get it to work. any input and instructions would be grately appreciated.
:)

LRI41
09-22-2007, 03:03 PM
i downloaded version 8.0 of AOL here on olderversion.com and am having trouble opening or installing this program it came down as a compressed zip folder and dont know what i need to do to get it to work. any input and instructions would be grately appreciated.

I think this is the file that I uploaded to Old Version. I suggest that you find that
"Zip File" that you downloaded and wherever you sent it to. If you you a
Download File or whatever name of the Folder where you sent it to, I would
create a new Folder within that Folder called AOL 8 or some such name and
move the zip file into that Folder and then Unzip the contents into that Folder.
If it comes out as several files, instead of just one file, look for the the AOL
set up exe. and when you are ready to start to install if, double click on that file.

the gaffer
09-23-2007, 04:38 PM

as already stated,you need to extract all the files from that folder,it may be a self extracting folder or you may need software to extract the files,do you have a program for this such as winzip or 7zip ?

petesc
09-26-2007, 11:13 AM
well i finaly was able to do it i had an unzipping program i got from here too:), after locating the exe file. it instaled no problem, thanks for the help:)