PDA

View Full Version : Help With Cool Edit Pro - How to make excerpts

Chayes
10-02-2007, 09:25 PM
HI

In Cool Edit Pro , I'm trying to use a batch file to open a series of files and select the first two minutes of each file , and then save the selection.

The hope is that is can create excerpts each of 2 minutes from the beginning of each of the files.

I'm recording the batch script and all seems well. I select the first two minutes , copy this to a new file and then save. However , when I run the script on a number of files as a batch , it save them at varying lengths from a few seconds up to several minutes , but not in the neat 2 minute parcels I need! It's driving me mad! The files themselves are of varying lengths , but i just need the first 2 minutes of each.

Anyone have any idea how to make my excerpts? In Cool Edit , or any other program?

Thanks!

Boamath
06-24-2008, 03:16 AM
HI

In Cool Edit Pro , I'm trying to use a batch file to open a series of files and select the first two minutes of each file , and then save the selection.

The hope is that is can create excerpts each of 2 minutes from the beginning of each of the files.

I'm recording the batch script and all seems well. I select the first two minutes , copy this to a new file and then save. However , when I run the script on a number of files as a batch , it save them at varying lengths from a few seconds up to several minutes , but not in the neat 2 minute parcels I need! It's driving me mad! The files themselves are of varying lengths , but i just need the first 2 minutes of each.

Anyone have any idea how to make my excerpts? In Cool Edit , or any other program?

Thanks!

Try making a batch file where you select the two minutes by typing the start and end times in, instead of selecting with the mouse.