PDA

View Full Version : Cool Edit Pro 2.0 Question - PLZ HELP ME!!!

the mantis
11-10-2007, 02:56 PM
Alright,

I have the blocks stacked up in the multi track editor..

I have one chorus part in the beginning and I like where it is (underneath the instramental) ... however..

I would like to slide an exact copy over to the middle on the song. I figured that using "ctrl - left click" would do the trick.. it worked, however, it seems to make duplicates of all the blocked chorus parts..

Example: there is not only one chorus1.wav ...but now a chorus1(2).wav .. that shows up in the files menu.

is there a different key command or something to move these blocks without it making duplicates?

because i could do it by hand dragging the wavs from the left files box, but it would be a pain in the ass to match the positions up the way I had them in the first chorus.

thanks.

Boamath
06-24-2008, 03:13 AM
Alright,

I have the blocks stacked up in the multi track editor..

I have one chorus part in the beginning and I like where it is (underneath the instramental) ... however..

I would like to slide an exact copy over to the middle on the song. I figured that using "ctrl - left click" would do the trick.. it worked, however, it seems to make duplicates of all the blocked chorus parts..

Example: there is not only one chorus1.wav ...but now a chorus1(2).wav .. that shows up in the files menu.

is there a different key command or something to move these blocks without it making duplicates?

because i could do it by hand dragging the wavs from the left files box, but it would be a pain in the ass to match the positions up the way I had them in the first chorus.

thanks.

SHIFT + left drag makes "shadow" or "ghost" copies - i.e. the same wavefile is played twice or more. Control+left drag, as you discovered, makes copies of the original file that you can then edit to be different from each other.