PDA

View Full Version : msn problem

kobi2k4
03-27-2008, 01:03 PM
I have just bought a new laptop for my other half sorted everything out on to it msn included ( the new version ) as I was testin the apps that I had put on to the laptop I signed into msn to make sure that we could ( in my own name ) but now when we go to sign into my other halfs name on there it will not sign her in but will still sign mine in and it signs our daughters in too ... altho we can sign my other half in on the old laptop still .... dose anyone know what could be wrong with it please or where I can get intouch with msn to discuse this with them? thnx

P.S I have tryed downloadin an older version from here too to see if that was the problem but when i go to log in it makes me down the new version again is there away of gettin the older version and not havein to upgrade to the new

sorry this is so long and thnx to anyone who can/dose help

the gaffer
03-27-2008, 04:01 PM
hi there.
welcome to the forums,if you can sign in with both yours and your daughters but not you partners then it appears it is a problem with her login details,it is so easy to get a single letter or underscore etc etc wrong when entering details when you first set up things and if you have told msn to remember me then it will obviously remember it,check all details etc with the old laptop to make sure it is correct,again if she can sign in on the old laptop then her account is obviously ok,also do you get an error message at all ?? if yes then feel free to post the error message back here so we can see what is going on,but it sounds like a msitake on entering her details.let us know how you get on.

kobi2k4
03-28-2008, 01:04 AM
thanks for the welcome ....#
this aint a new msn addy we have made she as had it for years and we are typing everything into msn log in corectly on both laptops and for some reason it logs onto my laptop but when we go to log it onto the new one (hers) it times out sayin the service is temp unavilable error code 8100030d ... but yet i can sign into my name streight after trying hers and log in right away ....

also could u tell me if i can down load an old version of msn without it makein me download the new one please as i have tryed but it dont log in on eather name cos it wants us down load the new version .....

thnx for ur time and help

the gaffer
03-28-2008, 03:25 PM
hi again.
after researching this error no it gives nothing really apart from disabling zone alarm but many are getting the same error even when they do not have zone alarm installed.it just seems so strange it is only happening on the one account,constance recommended here on the forums recently a program called AMSN i have myself run this for a while and now prefer it,it is a msn clone and very reliable,have a look http://www.amsn-project.net/ its free and does everything that msn does,with regards to running older versions of msn this has been covered here in the past and is listed in the forums,if you try a search using messenger as a keyword im pretty sure you will find suggestions, in the meantime i will have a look to see if i can find an older thread that covers this.