PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Yahoo Messenger

hyderabadiguy
04-20-2008, 04:14 AM
Hi!

I am having problem with my yahoo messenger. While loggin by pressing sign in ...it's shutting down automatically..i tried different version of messengers..but da problem occurs again n again..i don't have virus in my system...so any body is 2 help.......thanks

locustfurnace
04-20-2008, 05:08 PM
Are you running behind a router, or firewall? Check those settings.
I had a similar issue with YM for the Mac, but once I updated to the latest version I no longer have such problems.

jackson_us5
05-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Have you checked your computer for viruses or spyware? You could use Ad-Aware or jv16 Powertools. NOD32 is a good free anti-virus program.

OldVersion.com Admin
05-26-2008, 01:31 PM
If you are using an older version of Yahoo Messenger, Yahoo! has disabled older versions and does not let them connect to the network therefore the files are there simply for archival purposes and cultural / historical analysis. If anyone has figured out a way to bypass the system, feel free to post it so that we can figure out how to make older versions connect in the name of education.

jackson_us5
05-27-2008, 02:46 AM
hey i am having a problem with my yahoo messenger. its not sighning me in.

i have tried a virus check and reinstalling it. but that was no good.

any suggetions

locustfurnace
05-27-2008, 02:05 PM
any suggetions

Yes, read the posting above yours. Which ABlix states, as did I, you will need the latest version.

jackson_us5
05-29-2008, 10:04 AM
thank you for this trat it really helped me out.

i was bugged by the same problem for along time.

please do not spam your posts with advertising links