PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime 2.03

blewangel02
06-23-2008, 03:31 PM
I have an old game from like 95 that I really want to play on my new computer with Vista. I downloaded it from this site, but I keep getting an error message that won't let me complete the installation. Do you think that this version could be compatible with Vista or is it a lost cause. Please Help!

Constance
06-23-2008, 08:38 PM
[...] Do you think that this version could be compatible with Vista [...]Probably not ^^
However your game should run fine even with a more recent version of QuickTime... if not, then I'd advise running a virtual machine (Microsoft Virtual PC is freeware :) ) and install both Windows 95 or 98 and your game in it. Plus that version of quicktime it requires, of course ;)

Traveler1
04-02-2009, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by blewangel02

Quicktime 2.03
I have an old game from like 95 that I really want to play on my new computer with Vista. I downloaded it from this site, but I keep getting an error message that won't let me complete the installation. Do you think that this version could be compatible with Vista or is it a lost cause. Please Help!

Don't assume you can't run it. I was trying to run several programs that require 2.X versions of Quicktime on a Vista 32 machine and tried everything I could find. Then I tried just letting the installer for "Where in Time is Carmen Sandiego" install the old Quicktime. This fixed the problem for all of the old games I had that were failing due to Quicktime issues, not just the Carmen games. This installation did not interfere with my Quicktime 7 install - it was present and working both before and after the Quicktime 2.X install.