PDA

View Full Version : Uploads Of Files Via E-mail

Therese
03-18-2003, 08:41 AM
Now when the upload script is down the only possible way to send program files to OldVersion.com is via e-mail. How big files can you receive?

Do you still want program files via e-mail or do you prefer links in the forum or do you want both variants?
Can you receive .exe files or should these files be zipped?
Do you have time to read all the e-mails you get and handle the files that are enclosed in the e-mails?

locustfurnace
06-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Thought would bring this message back to the top, since I also sent files via email. and would like to send many more. but with no reply back, its tough to decide if OldVersion has received the files or never received the files.
Since I got my mail server running once again, i have no limit on size of sending files. and would like to help out with old shareware apps.
so since no one answered this message, I thought it might be worth it to dust it off and present it once again.

OldVersion.com Admin
06-01-2003, 09:28 PM
We receive all emails, but our site is currently "inactive" due to finals, etc. I read emails, but never have time to reply to them.

locustfurnace
06-01-2003, 09:36 PM
Ok thats all i needed to know, so i can send stuff as long as i know they are being received, as I said I got stuff i wanted to send, but the Free email accounts limit to 3 megs uncomrpessed, so now I got my email server back up n running i can now send stuff larger then 3 megs.

DopefishJustin
07-04-2003, 01:40 AM
I tried sending an EXE and got an automated message saying that executable attachments aren't allowed because they might contain viruses...seems pretty boneheaded for an address that's supposed to receive installers. :P

locustfurnace
07-04-2003, 02:42 AM
maybe try zippin it up and sending it
or check this link, since someone posted a similar message
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...ct=ST&f=1&t=991 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=991)