PDA

View Full Version : MusicMatch replacement?

jross55
11-12-2008, 11:14 AM
I really liked MusicMatch. I liked the capabailities and how it allowed me to download music and burn CDs. As we all know, it is now gone!

Anybody know of a suitable replacement? Any opinions on what's out there (and current) that is any good?

jross55
12-03-2008, 03:38 PM
You are correct in that it is not really "gone".

But, MusicMatch will only work with XP, not Vista. You also cannot "tag" uploaded tracks anymore. You also cannot use it to download tracks off the 'net.

I thought MusicMatch was an excellent program that gave you lots of options with your music. It seems like most of the programs nowadays are pushing a monthly fee to download tracks, and do not seem to have the capabilities of MusicMatch (unless I'm mistaken).

What I was trying to find out was whether or not anybody has found a program that worked as well as MusicMatch. I'm not looking to pay a monthly fee. I would like to be able to upload CDs and look up the track info, along with downloading the occasional track when desired (for a single track price, of course, usually a $1 per track). I also want to be able to manage my music into playlists and burn CDs at CD quality (not just MP3 quality).

Are Rhapsody/Napster/anything else as good or better? What else is out there?

Thanks for any assistance/opinions.