PDA

View Full Version : Corrupted Ie 6 File On Computer

Linda Hatchett
03-25-2003, 04:35 PM
I just found I have a corrupted IE 6 file. It shows Cipher strength 0 instead of 6. I was told by my cable company this could not be fixed without using my restore disc. I tried reinstally IE 6 but it still shows 6.

My operating system is Windows XP and it all came on my computer.

I did go in and install netscape so I could do online banking again, but that doesn't fix the IE problem. Can an earlier version be installed when using XP?

lightsup55
03-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Linda Hatchett@Mar 25 2003, 05:35 PM
I just found I have a corrupted IE 6 file. It shows Cipher strength 0 instead of 6. I was told by my cable company this could not be fixed without using my restore disc. I tried reinstally IE 6 but it still shows 6.

My operating system is Windows XP and it all came on my computer.
As mentioned in a previous post of mine (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=599&#entry1925), try to repair Internet Explorer 6.

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel. Double-click on Add-Remove Programs. Scroll down to Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 SP1 and Internet Tools and click Add/Remove. In the next dialog, select Repair Internet Explorer and click OK. The next dialog asks you if you would like to continue, just click Yes. When it's done, it'll restart you computer.

Hope that helps.