PDA

View Full Version : a drive not working

tmm5899
12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
my a drive does not recognize my floppy disks and it will not allow me to format them my operating system is windows xp what could be the problem and how can i fix it. it worked and i removed word 2003 and am trying to update to office 2007 but the floppy does not work i have not completely installed office 2007 could remving office 2003 had done something to make my floppy drive not work. when i go to my computer and check the message says a drive is working properly
:confused:

the gaffer
12-29-2008, 06:58 AM
Floppy discs ?? you mean people still use them ?? most likely a disc problem,try some different floppies,why do you need floppies for office 2007 ?? this was never released on floppies as it would of taken a huge amount of discs.explain a little more of what you are trying to do and we may be able to understand your problem.

The Dude
01-01-2009, 12:41 AM
I cant get my A drive to read discs either,i dont know if its loose or what.....

I click on 'A' and it freezes for a minute then nothing happens.......

For ahwile ''A'' dissapeared from "My computer" so i assume something is loose in the tower but im not sure......

I checked DEVICE MANAGER and it says the drive is "working properly"..

EDIT:

I put a disk in and click A it says "A is not ready,no disk inserted" even though i put one in... Must be loose i dont know......

What does your A drive do tmm5899 when you insert a disk?