PDA

View Full Version : Help with Compatbility View and Video not showing ?

NeedHelp
04-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Hi, I am new here and my 1st question of 3 questions please help ... :(

1st question I would like to know how to get rid of the annoying compatibility view tab next to the website address ?

2nd question How do I get video clips to show & be able to play when I am on a forum and someone embeds a video but all I get is a blank with some kind of tiny green mountain and white box ?

3rd question I also installed Internet Explorer 8 which I think are the problems I am having and now I want my IE 7 back. How do I get IE 7 back please ?

I sure hope you understand what I am talking about ?

Thank you in advance for responding. :)

Constance
04-02-2009, 03:34 AM
Hi there ^^

So for 1 : use anything else than IE8. Perhaps the IE7Pro plugin will someday be updated for IE8 (if it's not already, I didn't follow it closely since I use Firefox) and will then have the option to hide that feature.

2 : you probably need to install or update the Flash Player Plugin. Go to adobe.com and look for it.

3 : Should be removable using add/remove programs in Control Panel, I guess ?

NeedHelp
04-02-2009, 10:01 AM
Is there a link to IE 7 please ? so that I can follow the instructions mentioned above. Thank you.

the gaffer
04-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Internet Explorer - DOWNLOAD at OLD VERSION.COM (http://www.oldversion.com/Internet-Explorer.html)

NeedHelp
04-06-2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you for your help, everything works and the only problem I have left is how to get the video to play when someone embeds a video on a forum or a messengeboard. Please help :confused:

Thank you in advance. :)

NeedHelp
04-07-2009, 06:05 PM
Excuse me ? I said everything is working fine except the video when someone embeds them on a forum does not play the video. It is a blank video with small green mountain box or shapes of blue & red circle, triangle in the small box. I just need help with that one. Thank you in advance. :)

Constance
04-08-2009, 12:55 AM
Well, you probably need to install the Flash Player plugin, for videos to play. Go to adobe.com, it's easy (unless something wrong happens :p )

(I think TheDoctor was talking about his own post when asking for deletion :hmm: )