PDA

View Full Version : expert in acdsee 4.0 pls advice

pclum
04-07-2009, 10:36 PM
I use ACDSEE 4.0 and my os is Window vista. When I open one of the folder or file under one particular folder, the computer just stroll and busy sign is shown, may be forever, I need to closed the program or I need to go to other program to do other thing, basically this acdsee is no more responsting. But very funny, this happen only if I try to open the folder I used most offen as I store most of the email into this folder. other folder work well.

I uninstall the acdsee 4 and reinstall but is same, the program stroll when I try to open that folder or files under the same folder. I use adware and avg to scan but avg did not detect anything, adware detect some thing under cookie ( may be is my own pc password tracking system as I do use the " remember password " as in some website.I cancelled those cookie but still same. So any idea of what is wrong ?

Thks in advance.

flash
04-10-2009, 12:33 AM
try moving some of your files into a new folder on your desktop and viewing them. I don't use ACDSee these days, but I seem to recall smaller folders keep things moving quicker. If things work fine on files in that new folder you may be wise to do some re-organizing of your files and folders; more folders with fewer files each, and not very many levels of subdirectories.

I use IrfanView now, but I'm not a big fan of it either.

pclum
04-12-2009, 08:12 AM
try moving some of your files into a new folder on your desktop and viewing them. I don't use ACDSee these days, but I seem to recall smaller folders keep things moving quicker. If things work fine on files in that new folder you may be wise to do some re-organizing of your files and folders; more folders with fewer files each, and not very many levels of subdirectories.

I use IrfanView now, but I'm not a big fan of it either.

Thks very much and it work after I shift to another new folder by using window explorer. I use ACDSEE for very long time and still think it is very fast and good program in term of photo broswer. Actually last time I use version 5 but it has some bug if the OS is vista and it always come out a warning if I want to print the photo, so I downgrade to version 4.

Thks again