PDA

View Full Version : Cool Edit Pro Recording HELP!

RooraSondazu
04-14-2009, 07:13 AM
Pretty much, whenever I record anything in CEP, although I record my singing in time with the backing music, my singing is always half a second, or a second behind the track.
I can start cutting stuff out and pasting stuff in but the tracks are never really in sync with one another, and even if I manage to sort out the beggining, they start to go out of sync again later on in my tracks.
It's rather annoying, and I was wondering if any of you lovely people out there know what the problem is and how I can resolve it :)

Thanks alot :)

locustfurnace
05-18-2009, 08:04 PM
Shouldn't need to cut and paste, just make adjustments to the tracks starting time.
But its possible an issue with latency with your system (system clock, hard drive, OS, kernel) and/or sound card. Without using SMPTE timecode this may be a constant issue.

Tpneer2
05-21-2009, 07:29 AM
the other post is partinlly irght but insiide the program are built in time code editors, so do this, look for the start clock and d see if tis setup to run auto or not, if not set it andthen begin withthe first backtrack you run, it will create 2 clocks onthe control panel one is the original track, the bottom willl be you coning in over, you have to match the 2 by time code then run them together and they should match