PDA

View Full Version : Packard Bell Navigator

jayonthabeat
04-29-2009, 11:51 PM
Program Name: Packard Bell Navigator
Current version: n/a
Desired versions: 2.0
Description: GUI that came preinstalled in early-mid 90's packard bell computers (alongside dos 6.22 & win 3.11).

I set up a virtualbox to replicate my first pc (second to my c64) and it just isn't the same without the navigator. I can't find any site to download it from, and my original install discs went the way of the dinosaurs.

http://toastytech.com/guis/pbnav35.html

is a link to a site that talks about it, but thats about it.

the gaffer
04-30-2009, 03:37 AM
considering i believe packard bell preinstalled this and didnt give out the install program i dont think you will find it on the www unless of course you could source a recovery disc that contained it.

Tpneer2
05-02-2009, 12:24 AM
Hello I actually ahve the recovery diski for an old pb that ahs the navigator on it Ii will hav eto strip it off and then sned an email to Tpneer2@gmail.com so ii can send it to you might be sunday or Monday before I cdan get to it got about 5 machines over to work on first its on my list

Constance
05-02-2009, 01:42 AM
Hi there ^^

Instead of doing all the work yourself and providing it to only one person via e-mail, couldn't you please upload the thing — either the stripped program or the whole recovery disks — somewhere ? There are lots of free hosting sites out there, and it would be kinda sad if only the original requestor could get his hands on the program ^^

desotogasol
11-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Hi,

I'm also looking for the navigator disk. I know it's been a while, but if you could, could you send me the iso image (or whatever format is most convenient for you)

Thanks a lot