PDA

View Full Version : Nero Software Needed

eskew
06-06-2009, 04:29 PM
I just wiped out my PC and reinstalled Windows. I thought I kept the executable file for my Nero software but unfortunately I didn't. I have used this Nero DVD Rom Burning Software for about 10 years. It was the older version (I think it may have been version 5.5.7.8, I do know it was one of the version 5's). Does anyone have this executable file? I never had to pay for it when I first downloaded it a long time ago. Everything on Nero's site are only demos. I sure would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

the gaffer
06-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Nero has never been free software,you may have had a version that was shipped with a drive and perhaps downloaded an update,if you want free cd burning software you could search the forums here or try cd burner xp that is freeware CDBurnerXP: Introduction and News (http://cdburnerxp.se/) obviously there are other freeware titles that are as good.many have been listed in previous threads.

eskew
06-06-2009, 11:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I'll try the CDBurnerXP software. Do you know if Nero Express was ever part of any DaemonTools downloads? It seems like I once downloaded Daemon Tools and maybe that's where I got the Nero Express from. Nero Express is so much simpler and easier to use.

the gaffer
06-07-2009, 01:01 AM
I am not aware of daemon ever being associated with nero,i would go as far as to say definitely not,some new pcs were shipped with a nero disc as well as the usual recovery discs if it was preinstalled.maybe thats where you got it from.the cd burner xp will do everything i think that nero does and its very simple to use.

eskew
06-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Thanks again for the info. CD Burner XP works very well.

Thanks.