PDA

View Full Version : PrintArtist 4

Pip
09-11-2009, 04:32 AM
Help

I have some old PrintArtist4 files that I need to access. Unfortunately having upgraded my computer at the beginning of the year the software is no longer compatable. Anyone know of any conversion program so I can at least view them?

I have a horrible feeling that PrintArtist4 is a 16-bit program.

I have a later version of PrintArtist8 which I have no problem accessing the files.

I am running a Windows Xp 32-bit.

Pip
:(

izzy eckerslike
10-07-2009, 09:29 AM
There is a way to force your computer to load print artist 4

Click on display /settings & reduce colour quality to 16 bit & reduce your screen resolution to 800X600

Then insert the Printartist disk & select install, as before you will see the Sierra logo on your taskbar but it won't move or do anything.

Now put your screen settings back the way they were before & you should see the install screen jump off the taskbar so you can access it.

It will test your computer & tell you it fails as it can't recognise newer technology but ignore that & select 'install anyway' & all should be working

vic

honeylocs
10-18-2009, 03:17 PM
Izzy, 1,000 kisses 2 u!! Thanks for posting that solution. I'd missed PA 4 for years, could never get it installed. I finally bought the new version and was sorely disappointed! Nuthin' can touch PA 4, imo. Your solution worked like a charm!!

Thanks again! :)