PDA

View Full Version : restore 256 colors with everest home version

vinylzappa
10-11-2009, 05:45 PM
I would like to restore 256 colors to my compaq laptop, running windows 98. At present there is only 16 colors. I have installed everest home edition and have opened Computer - Summary and the video adapter is Standard PCI Graphics Adapter(VGA). Unlike some other items listed that are blue (ie a link), Standard PCI Graphics Adapter(VGA) is black. What do I need to do to restore 256 colors? :(

Constance
10-13-2009, 01:19 AM
You'll need to get the exact model of your laptop and browse for the drivers ; you may have a chance to find them on HP's website, since HP bought Compaq quite a few years ago now.

Tpneer2
10-13-2009, 11:43 PM
another way to do this is to click on contorl panel then system and then display adapters and chekc the plus sing see whats liste dthere for an adapter and thengo grab the driver
after gretting it install it then reboot windows hsould see the new config and then jsut right click and select settings and chnge ti to 256

Constance
10-14-2009, 01:25 AM
The device manager actually doesn't display a device's name unless the drivers are installed; so it's pretty much useless in such situations...