PDA

View Full Version : Old Quicktime Applications & Win Xp

MULTOR
04-14-2003, 09:44 AM
Thanks to give me the solution.
I have a lot of older applications that are using quicktime (version 16 bits or 32 bits (v2.1.2)) and all of them are working properly under windows 98.
Now I'm under windows Xp and I have installed the quicktime 6 version.
But when i want to install my old application, they are all saying to me that "No Quicktime version installed".
If I install the old 16 bits version or the 32 bits version (v2.1.2). The installation package is freezing.
So what can I do.
I want to reuse all my old aaplication.
Please Help.
Thanks.

lightsup55
04-14-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by MULTOR@Apr 14 2003, 09:44 AM
Thanks to give me the solution.
I have a lot of older applications that are using quicktime (version 16 bits or 32 bits (v2.1.2)) and all of them are working properly under windows 98.
Now I'm under windows Xp and I have installed the quicktime 6 version.
But when i want to install my old application, they are all saying to me that "No Quicktime version installed".
If I install the old 16 bits version or the 32 bits version (v2.1.2). The installation package is freezing.
So what can I do.
I want to reuse all my old aaplication.
Please Help.
Thanks.
Those versions will NOT work on Windows XP. There is nothing much I can tell.

Try to right click the installer file and select Properties. Then there should be somewhere you can select which operating system the program worked best in. Select Windows 95 from that list.

I could be wrong with what I just said since I'm NOT running Windows XP. I run Windows 98.

guest_Lakota
04-28-2003, 04:21 PM
I have an Idea, :blink:
I have windows Xp also but I also have two different versons of Quicktime installed on here too. What I would do is install the old verson also and when you come to the programs that require the old verson, I would right click on it and where it says open with, click that and their you will be given a list of what to open it with. find the old verson and click on that. but right before you do, there is a little box at the bottom that says always open with. click on that and that program should always open with that verson.
I hope this is of some help to you, Good luck, Lakota :blink:

rports
05-06-2003, 09:33 PM
I run WinXP and recently installed an ancient version of BodyWorks that came with an equally ancient version of QuickTime. Later, I installed the latest version of QuickTime. Both versions seem to co-exist peacefully. Maube it was the installation order that made it all work....install the old version first, then the current version.

lightsup55
05-09-2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by rports@May 6 2003, 10:33 PM
I run WinXP and recently installed an ancient version of BodyWorks that came with an equally ancient version of QuickTime. Later, I installed the latest version of QuickTime. Both versions seem to co-exist peacefully. Maube it was the installation order that made it all work....install the old version first, then the current version.
You are right. I tried that once and the older version always wants to uninstall anything that is already installed (newer or older).

So...

Install either QuickTime 2.0 or 3.0 first then go on with either 4.0 or 5.0 or 6.0.

dragon_slayer_28
01-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Hello i'am looking 4 the apple quick time playing 4 pc were it have it import & export n it's files. I know it & older version but most of them don't have the import or export n them so if u know of the program please e~mail it 2 me thanks dragon

the gaffer
01-11-2008, 11:09 AM
Hello i'am looking 4 the apple quick time playing 4 pc were it have it import & export n it's files. I know it & older version but most of them don't have the import or export n them so if u know of the program please e~mail it 2 me thanks dragon

you will find the oldversions of quicktime here http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=quicktime