PDA

View Full Version : Realplayer Under Win 95

jones172
04-30-2003, 01:50 AM
From Tom:

I am running Win 95. I want to get a copy of RealPlayer which will work. Question: What version should I use?

Tom
DrJones@alum.MIT.edu

peppycomputer
04-30-2003, 11:18 AM
Realplayer 5 Works very nice. You could try an even older version! It counts on your applications and what you want to do with it. Just to play music or cds it works fine. It can be set up not to be a memory HOG just be careful on your initial set up. If you use it on the internet alot then as you come across uses for it the avalible plugins will be demanded. Just be carful what you chose and you will not get to many extras that bog down The older systems. I feel that on the older operating systems that you just go with the oldest version that does the job and be happy :D You just have to live with the "there is a better version to download" Go to preferences and turn it off for 30 days.
The realplayers you need can be downloaded right here on this site. I have tried them all and found the older versions to be less spyware and with the right plugins to do anything I need . :P i just wanted to add That somewhere on this site I saw how to disable the update problem::: I want to add even though the solution works fine, just make sure you know what you are doing before messing in the registry. I learned the hard way years ago!!! :angry: