PDA

View Full Version : Help With Procom Plus

kvons4
05-06-2003, 03:09 PM
My computer was previously running Windows 98 and Procom Plus. The Motherboard fried when a new printer was installed (that's another story) in the process of getting it up and running we also found that the modem had died during the crash. That was also replaced. Due to the computer trying to locate the old modem (I don't understand all about it) we initialized the harddrive. I put Windows 98 back on and now Procom plus will not run. In fact after I install and try to open it it locks up the entire computer. I'm using Procom plus 32. I searched google and found a post saying procom has always had problems and to come to this site and down load "Telex ?" However, I didn't see it listed....by the way I'd be happy to share my version of Procom, it worked great before the crash.....does anyone have any ideas as to why it doesn't work now?
Thanks
Kimberly

BerkshireDude
05-08-2003, 12:38 PM
Hello Kimberly

I'm not sure if this is the correct answer to your question.

After you re-install Win98, you must load a driver for your modem. To do this, right click on My Computer, choose Properties. The choose the Device Manager tab. If you see any yellow question marks, right click on the question mark and choose Properties. Now choose the Driver tab. Click on 'update driver'.

Now you must browse to where the driver is for the modem. Is it on the disk that came with the new modem? Probably.

Now try Procomm. You must be absolutely sure your modem is working correctly to use Procomm.

I do not understand what you mean when you initialized the hard drive due to its failure to locate the modem.

Hope this helps steer you in the right direction.

Paul