PDA

View Full Version : Mirc...how Do I Unstall It?

Auraki
05-10-2003, 01:58 AM
I've been trying to install the newest version of mIRC for a while now, but my computer could never seem to get it to connect. So I tried an older version from this site; but whatever the problem was, an older version didn't help.

When I wanted to delete the newer version, I simply went to the add/remove window and voila, it was gone. But when I tried to delete the older version (5.5), it didn't even show up on the list. Is it okay to just to manually delete everything mIRC related on my computer? I really hate doing that because I don't know a whole lot about computers and I'm always afraid I'm going to delete some vital program that other programs depend upon. I figure that because the version is so old, maybe it won't show up on the list. But I have no clue if that's a good assumption.

And if anyone is interested in helping me fix the connection problem I'm having, I would appreciate it. I keep getting a "connection timed-out message." I've gone through the FAQs and 'Help' page, fiddled with settings and channels and servers, and I still can't figure out what's wrong. I was even told to make sure my "java" setting was enabled, and I did that as well.

I have Windows 98, a LAN connection (I live in a dorm and have a university server) and there aren't any firewall thingies (sorry) that I know of. As far as I know, my computer is a old Dell that has been upgraded by my father who likes to do stuff like that, then never explain what he did to it. I have 18.6 GB on my computer and 5.36 GB are free memory. That is all that I know. The only other knowledge I have is how to click a mouse. Can anybody help me? :unsure:

mokopuna
05-10-2003, 09:33 AM
There may be some references to mirc still in the registry. Download Regcleaner from www.jv16.org, install and run the programme.
If you do a search using Google there is a link to mirc which may help.