PDA

View Full Version : Win2k Sp3.

Soulman
05-27-2003, 04:13 AM
After 2 failed attempts at downloading Win2k SP3 over my dial up I was wondering if there's any way I can download the entire file so I can store on a CD and avoid re-downloading everytime I need to re-install it. You guys helped me out once before with a similar question I had with IE6. Any help this time would really be great.

Fishbait
05-27-2003, 03:01 PM
I have the file on CD (somewhere). You may want to hold off installing it though. Some software will not work properly with it (Project Server for example)

Soulman
05-28-2003, 01:11 AM
I'm afraid I'll have to agree with you on that one. I finally got it downloaded and screwed up my machine, especially my modem. Maybe it was just a bad install. I'm not willing to go through another one & a half hour download to find out.

nick_is_good
06-01-2003, 02:58 AM
this is what you do
get an ftp browser i suggest www.flashfxp.com

Edited by Therese

there is many diffrent versions of windows to download 3 of them bieng

windows 2000 advanced server
windows 2000 professional
windows 2000 server

as far as i can remember they are zipped and in iso format?

i used nero to burn my copy windows 2000 profesional which i got from this server. It downloaded, unzipped, burnt and installed perfectly

when it asks you which format you wish to format your hard drive with choose ntfs beacuse if you choose fat32 some drivers will not work properly and the overall performance will not be as good

THE VERSIONS OF WINODWS ABOVE ARE ALL SELF BOOTING CD ROMS ONCE BURNT

so set your bios's first boot device to your cd rom drive

the version of windows 2000 professional from this server is very stable and good running, bearly no errors just the occasional "this program has performed an illegal operation"

Hope this helps

Nick

E-mail address removed by Therese

Therese
06-01-2003, 08:15 AM
Temporary locked by Therese