PDA

View Full Version : Parsons Technology Address Book

ChasCB
06-08-2003, 04:36 AM
I have been using Parsons Technology's Address Book 6a for Windows for years now and 4 years ago they released version 7. I did not get version 7.
They no longer write it or support any version of Address Book.
Does anyone have version 7.

NOTE: Parsons is now apart of Broderbund.com

Thanks. Any help send to Pern@ihug.com.au

Therese
06-08-2003, 10:32 AM
Are you sure this program is a shareware program or that there is a trial/demo of this software?

I have searched and not found any trial/demo so far. On the contrary, I do believe that this program is a retail software. Correct me if I am wrong.

peppycomputer
06-08-2003, 08:13 PM
:) I checked on this also and found that you can download this as a demo and with a thirty day limit withoutpurchase. After that it must be purchased!
Which makes it a retail software. You are right Grandma :P

ChasCB
06-10-2003, 03:03 PM
You are quite right guys, it is (or was) retail software which I purchased and downloaded from their site.

Peppycomputer: This demo you found, is it version 7? If so where can I get it?

Thanks guys for your help.

peppycomputer
06-10-2003, 09:56 PM
;) As soon as i get off work in the next few days i will find the link for you and leave it here. I belive it is version 7 and must be purchased after trial. give me a couple of days, :)

roger_post@hotmail.com
12-22-2004, 03:50 AM
Did you find it. I would like to buy it also

hubcox
10-22-2005, 11:53 AM
:) I checked on this also and found that you can download this as a demo and with a thirty day limit withoutpurchase. After that it must be purchased!

Please let me know where you can download Parsons address book

Hubert Cox

the gaffer
10-23-2005, 03:14 AM
searched long and hard for this but with no luck so far,however will keep on looking but just had to say its great to see new members are using the search and adding to existing threads.

hubcox
10-26-2005, 05:19 AM

Will this version accept the address book by Parsons with file extension .AB2 If so I would like to have it/ Hubert Cox E-mail genandhubcox@cebridge.net.

hubcox
11-02-2005, 11:31 AM
[QUOTE=peppycomputer]:) I checked on this also and found that you can download this as a demo and with a thirty day limit withoutpurchase. After that it must be purchased!
Which makes it a retail software. You are right Grandma :P[/

Peppycomputer. If you can find download again, I would appreciate knowing where, so I can obtain it even if I have to puchase it.
Hubert Cox: e-mail genendhubcox@cebridge.net

Goslow
11-04-2005, 03:20 AM
I'm not sure if peppycomputer will be answering I havent seen the big G here but I'm sure he's
watching me.
for communication across realms we do have a resident expert though (;

Buying an old copy is perhaps the best bet for parsons address book if thats what created the files it would be very cheap I imagine but of course that is out of the question as it would spoil the fun of experimentation with its associated hazards so I would propose trying a download trial of broderbunds

Print Shop Deluxe 6.0
http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_description/0,fid,5323,00.asp

with this you may or may not be able to open your ab2 files depending on what exactly the files were created with it may also depend on the trial version of the software.

evidence of a parsonstech trial is extremely thin

Help with conversion avaiable here although a different version to the trial.
http://support.selectsoft.com/products/Broderbund/LLPRISE20J.htm#Import_Address_Data_from_Other_Prog rams_

a bug fix
http://support.broderbund.com/faq_list.asp?id=1294818206

17+ items found for The Print Shop broderbund from eBay international sellers
http://search.ebay.com/The-Print-Shop-broderbund_W0QQcatrefZC5QQdfeZQ2d1QQdfsZ20051004QQ dfteZQ2d1QQdftsZQ2d1QQfbdZ1QQfclZ3QQflocZ1QQfromZR 14QQfrppZ50QQfsclZ1QQfsclZ1QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQfssZ0 QQnojsprZyQQnojsprZyQQpfidZ0QQsacatZQ2d1QQsacqyopZ geQQsacurZ0QQsadisZ2000QQsargnZQ2d1QQsaslcZ0QQsasl opZ1QQsofocusZbsQQsorefinesearchZ1

0 items found for The Print Shop broderbund
Located in: Moldova

post your results

la_verita
01-14-2006, 01:37 PM
Hello All - I am looking for a copy of Parsons Address Book v. 5. This is probably the best version that i've work with that has the least amount of bugs in it. I am willing to pay for it as well.

Thanks,

La_verita

:cool:

msbully4u
08-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Hello,

I bought a new computer and the person who transferred my data said that every thing was on my new computer.

I didn't know that I needed the program to open up my address that I've had for 20 yrs.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been on line for a few weeks, looking, looking for anything. Even took the computer back into the shop and he said I actually needed to buy the program. I can even find the program to buy, that my problem.

Thank You,

Sharon

the gaffer
08-08-2008, 05:33 AM
Hi Mrsbully
Welcome to the forums,I merged your post into this existing thread,Please when making requests always follow the pinned topic at the top of this board as this greatly improves your chances of finding the files you require.

Duckplucker
08-08-2008, 02:32 PM
Posted 8-8-08. Does anyone have an installation CD for Parsons Technology Address Book 7.0 or newer for the XP operating system? Was this version ever produced by Parsons? If not, do you know of another brand that will accept the import my files from 7.0?
Aint new computers fun!!!
Email your response to: Duckplucker@socal.rr.com
Thanx!

HelpifIcan
08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
I too have been looking for Addressbook 7. Somewwhere in my storage room I have the CD. Just haven't found it yet. However, I think I can copy the installation files that will install the complete software program. I'll know for sure this afternoon. I have a friend that bought my old company and his computer went down. He tried to move the progam from the old one to the new one and it didn't work. I've copied the files to CD and if it works I'll let everyone know later. It is a great program that I,ve used for years andI'd hate to lose it. It work in XP and Vista 32 bit version. Ihve it one my new notebook now.:) :)

HelpifIcan
08-27-2008, 09:33 PM
Just got back and the installation was sucessful. I can burn anyone a working CD.

wlbandy
09-05-2008, 02:53 PM
I have an original of Address Book 6.0, would like copy of Address Book 7.0.

Let me know what I need to do.

Peggy Rogers
09-27-2008, 02:52 PM
HelpifIcan,

I would love to receive and reimburse for a copy of the software disk for Address Book. Please send the information on sending you a check.

Thanks, P Rogers

annamariehogan@hotmail.co
10-15-2008, 10:03 AM
I have an older program by Parsons Technology called Address Book. I have the 2.0 version in a floppy, but we had a later version upgrade we cannot find. I liked the format and the way one could print out addresses in book form. I would love to be able to download the most current version, but the company does not exist and I am at a loss on how to proceed.

CHuck9896
10-27-2008, 11:18 AM
I would love to get a copy of the v7.0 version of Address Book by Parsons.

If anyone is willing to burn me a copy, please let me know.

Thanks!!

the gaffer
10-27-2008, 11:55 AM
NO piracy here matey that would be illegal