PDA

View Full Version : DOS AOL Suites

locustfurnace
07-14-2003, 09:43 AM
Found some OLD versions of AOL, Pre 1992, for DOS and old MAC's Users.

http://staff.jccc.net/lcline/downloads/downloads.htm

john14x2
08-20-2004, 05:32 PM
I found a old AOL 1.6 for DOS disk, and zipped it up.
download aol 1.6 for dos (http://ourworld.cs.com/MacintoshLCIII/aol1.6.zip)

locustfurnace
08-21-2004, 12:57 AM
The link you posted seems to link to a folder for Mac IIs software. It is WIndows or Mac version?
I've already posted a link for Pre-1992 AOL DOS Suites, many versions, from Win to Mac also.
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&f=2&t=1039&hl= (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1039&hl=)

bmh67wa
09-08-2004, 07:17 PM
I have an original copy of Sim City. It had 10 free hours with AOL and it's new and improved 2.0 interface! Ha ha! Isn't it like 2000 hours now?

eagle
09-09-2004, 02:33 AM
Heh... like everyone else, I have more AOL disks than I can throw off a roof on a sunny afternoon...

But on a more interesting topic, since we're talking about the Maxis Sim line, I've come across a copy of Sim Tower, which I hear is hard to find these days. The install is in German (I think) but the game plays in English after you install it.

On a side note, if anyone knows where I could get a replacement copy of Star Wars: Rebellion without buying it new off of LucasArts.com or Amazon, please give my e-mail a ring.

09-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Originally posted by eagle@Sep 9 2004, 02:33 AM
Heh... like everyone else, I have more AOL disks than I can throw off a roof on a sunny afternoon...

But on a more interesting topic, since we're talking about the Maxis Sim line, I've come across a copy of Sim Tower, which I hear is hard to find these days. The install is in German (I think) but the game plays in English after you install it.

On a side note, if anyone knows where I could get a replacement copy of Star Wars: Rebellion without buying it new off of LucasArts.com or Amazon, please give my e-mail a ring.
[On a side note, if anyone knows where I could get a replacement copy of Star Wars: Rebellion without buying it new off of LucasArts.com or Amazon, please give my e-mail a ring. ] try www.ebay.com

eagle
09-09-2004, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Guest@Sep 9 2004, 09:11 AM
try www.ebay.com
I knew I'd regret not putting ebay on the list. =P

Illegal Concepts
10-12-2004, 02:04 PM
Ues the PM system!!

straight talker
10-12-2004, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Illegal Concepts@Oct 12 2004, 02:04 PM
Ues the PM system!!
and that kind of comment could well get you banned from the forum, this site does not condone any of that kind of thing and the pm system is not for distributing links that the moderator removes.

Illegal Concepts
10-13-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by straight talker+Oct 12 2004, 03:51 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (straight talker @ Oct 12 2004, 03:51 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Illegal Concepts@Oct 12 2004, 02:04 PM
Ues the PM system&#33;&#33;
and that kind of comment could well get you banned from the forum, this site does not condone any of that kind of thing and the pm system is not for distributing links that the moderator removes. [/b][/quote]
Okay, sorry, and WHO are you? your just a Regular user? or are you a Moderator/Admin?

locustfurnace
10-13-2004, 10:30 AM
I would have to say he is a member who has taken the time to understand the way the board works, how it is used by its members. Which many people never do.
He is absolutely correct, If you want to distribute warez this is not the place for it.
If you are using Oldversions board for such actions you will be banned.

I am a moderator.

Illegal Concepts
10-13-2004, 02:05 PM
but why does it say by "group" it shows you as a member? Other sites give out crazy names like "super moderators" "global Moderators" etc.

No I&#39;m not using this forum for warez, I got other forums for that.

I go now. :)

Jaime Andrés
10-13-2004, 02:22 PM
The user name Illegal Concepts and the general demeanour of the worthless posts by this member borders on Trolling

Thankfully that ridiculous signature has disappeared.

Illegal Concepts
10-14-2004, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Oct 13 2004, 02:22 PM
The user name Illegal Concepts and the general demeanour of the worthless posts by this member borders on Trolling

Thankfully that ridiculous signature has disappeared.
ridiculous heh? they offered other types of Abandonware and updates for OS&#39;es, and a few Copyrighted files(used with permission) much like this site does. Hey, they got a C&D from MS a few months back,they cleaned up, they are as legal as legal can be.
Ok, well seems like I&#39;m not welcomed here, I&#39;m gone, just no interesting post over here, I&#39;ve tried to fire up the users, but seems like no one wants to participate in disscussions. :(

locustfurnace
10-14-2004, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Illegal Concepts@Oct 14 2004, 03:40 AM
they offered other types of Abandonware and updates for OS&#39;es, and a few Copyrighted files(used with permission) much like this site does. Hey, they got a C&D from MS a few months back,they cleaned up, they are as legal as legal can be.
Ok, well seems like I&#39;m not welcomed here, I&#39;m gone, just no interesting post over here, I&#39;ve tried to fire up the users, but seems like no one wants to participate in disscussions. :(
Abandonware borders mostly on illegal. No matter what, if the title is copyrighted, no one but the copyright holder has any rights to decide on how it can be distributed. Just saying a software title is abandoned by its developers does not give anyone else the right to offer it for downloading, Copyrights last a long long time. The only thing &#39;abandoned&#39; is the customer.

This site does not offer any other software except Freeware or shareware titles. To say that the other site is clean as clean can be, the reason the sig was removed from your profile was that the site did offer Kazaa downloads. If you take the time to read the pdf, Sharman Networks vs Oldversion.com, you will see why there is no longer any software or links to kazaa software here.

No one said your not welcomed, but people have been posting here a long time, not everyone likes disruptions, since they see alot of people fly in on this board, post dozens of comments all over the board, offering nothing, but just trying to rock the boat.
For the most part, this board just deals with locating software titles for other people, not for general chit-chatting. There are over 434 topics started in the general (chit-chat) section. While there is over 1,400 in the requests.

john14x2
10-17-2004, 08:21 PM
this is a MS-DOS version / IBM PC compatibles AOL 1.6, "MacintoshLCIII" is just my user name at compuserve&#39;s free webspace...

sum1
12-02-2004, 04:55 AM
thanks john, i&#39;ve been lookin for a copy of this for years :D